Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lovely wife, an inexperienced PayPal user, made payment on Saturday for some gifts she was buying, for $375.00.

Less than 10 minutes later, I went to my account to review the transaction, and found that she had slightly misspelled (by one letter) the email address of the seller. So I cancelled the transaction and re-sent it to the right address.

Did PayPal alert her that there was no account under that other name? Nope. Why not? Shouldn't they know who has a PayPal account and who doesn't, and not allow you to send it to some phantom e-mail address? :rant:

It cancelled the payment as I requested, but still took the funds from our account and placed a "hold" on the transaction, presumably to sit on my money for a few days before returning it to my account. Pretty ridiculous, IMO. :rant: :thumbd:

Be careful when entering the address of the entity to whom you are sending payment!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you enter the payment, on the confirmation screen before sending the payment, it should show if the account already exists or not. ;)
I always look for that, but as I said, my wife hadn't used it before and just sent it off. I still don't think it should allow the transaction to proceed if the account doesn't exist.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've been a bit disappointed at PayPal lately. I got scammed by an online seller, ramzoogle.com (STAY AWAY FROM THEM!) who supposedly sell all kinds of techie stuff.

Their scam is to take your money and send you a cheap, Palm Pilot keyboard, regardless of what you purchased. Thankfully, I only got scammed for $20, but I know of people who got taken for thousands from this company.

Long story short, I paid with PayPal (also, thankfully, since people who charged directly with their credit cards also got charged for sales they didn't make.) and would PayPal get my money back? Nope, I opened a claim and they closed it saying they were only responsible if they didn't ship anything. Since I got a "wrong item", they wouldn't do anything.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
My dad had a Paypal credit card for a while. One weekend he kept trying to use it and it kept getting cancelled. He'd call Paypal and get transferred to their security dept, where someone would inform him that his card was cancelled for his protection because someone kept trying to use it in Canada. Much yelling and swearing ensued. :rotfl:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
My dad had a Paypal credit card for a while. One weekend he kept trying to use it and it kept getting cancelled. He'd call Paypal and get transferred to their security dept, where someone would inform him that his card was cancelled for his protection because someone kept trying to use it in Canada. Much yelling and swearing ensued. :rotfl:
What, they just started yelling and swearing at him just because he's Canadian?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

Your from Canada.....oooohhh....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Only ever had one problem with Paypal. They charged my account twice for the same transaction. I had my money off "hold" status in a couple days though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts