Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn Kwak hit me from behind.

The gf, my buddy and I were going to a bike meet. On the open, straight, texas-style backroads of Vacaville, I signaled to make my right turn, I was leading and my buddy on the Kwak was behind me with my girl behind him. I start me turn (fairly slow due to there always being gravel at that particular intersection) and get nailed from behind. Sent my bike behind the car that I slammed into (superman style), and into the truck that was behind her. My buddies bike impaled into the car a foot from my head   as he came tumbling into me. He says he tried to brake, but wasn't able to in time. I'm still sceptical though. I'm not really sure what he was thinking, but I wasn't braking too hard so I don't know how well he was paying attention.

All in all, nothing serious. A really sore elbow (x-rays showed nothing broken), a few cuts on my left palm, and some rash on the knees (I think from the bike, I don't have any pain so I don't think I landed on them).

Doesn't look like much damage to the 929, shattered cover left an Exxon-Valdez style slick on the road, both bar ends came off, wondering if my tweaked handlebars is the forks or just a bent clip-on. All my aftermarket stuff is intact. ZG screen came out without a scratch, Corbin seat's fine, undertail's fine. The two-brother's can has some paint scuffs from the bike, but other than that, it's intact, since it's the x-metal (yellow carbon) it should buff out. None of my plastics busted. Roadrash on the left side of the upper fairing, the rest (left and right side uppers and lower) are scuffed. Tail section scuffed.

Needless to say, my buddies insurance is gonna be paying out the ass for this one. He has full coverage, so they'll be paying for some pretty good damage to the car, his clipon went into the side of the car as well as some nice dents. My bike hit the back panel of the truck and the bumber. My bike, I'll post pics of the damage when my girl goes home and uploads them. His bike was still rideable, but has some damage, bent clipon, fairings.

I guess the important thing is no one was hurt, but my babies damaged.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
your buddy commited one of the worst crimes of motorcycling, hitting a fellow rider. That's too bad.

Good thing is everyone got out of it okay. Your blade should be easily revived back to norm soon enough.

Count yourself lucky, coulda been worse.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Damn... That sucks.  

At least your ok, hate to hear about your bike though.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Glad you're not hurt.

What is it with everyone wrecking their bikes? There are way too many deaths and accidents this year. Cut it out, my insurance is high enough

·
Registered
469 Posts
Make sure that busted cover didn't get into the crankcase, these things are notorious for that. Also the tweaked handlebars could be the clipons or possibly forks twisted a little bit in the tripleclamps. You might need to loosen the triples square them up and tighten them again. Or I could be smoking the home grown and not have a clue. Glad you're OK that's what really counts. Buy your buddy some No-doze to keep with him from now on.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt too bad. Try some Plexus on the scratches on your fairings. That stuff can work some minor miracles.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Thats the worst...  No reason to ever be hit by a riding partner... Must have been a lack of concentration for sure... I am guilty of that and constantly have to remind myself to not tune out...

Heal up, wow, that bums me out...  Just a rare occurance...

Got an idea, while you heal up and all, how 'bout some more pics of 'Kristen'... The chica with the half sleeves.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ND4SPDSHO : Glad you're not hurt.

What is it with everyone wrecking their bikes?  There are way too many deaths and accidents this year.  Cut it out, my insurance is high enough
Can't control what the other guy does.

Quote coulda been worse. I hear that. Like I said, his front tire hit the car a foot from my head.

Quote hope the bike doesn't take too long to fix
Can you say TRACKBIKE

Quote Whoa, first your GF gets nailed by a drunk driver, then you crash? Such a bummer. Glad you didn't get hurt though.
No sh|t, damn Kwaks

Quote Glad you weren't hurt too bad.  Try some Plexus on the scratches on your fairings.  That stuff can work some minor miracles. I think that'll work for all except for the front, deep gouges on that one, the rest aren't that bad surprisingly.

Quote Ironic, my leathers should be there anytime.

Tell me about it. Can't even test em out now

Quote how 'bout some more pics of 'Kristen'...  The chica with the half sleeves dirty old man

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Bummer on the crackup man. That really blows. Glad you are not too banged up though. Man.. I'd be pretty pissed at getting my ride wadded and nearly getting a Dunlop lobotomy.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Sorry to hear that news firedawgon. Glad you weren't hurt badly, and I hope all is covered by his insurance.

·
Registered
276 Posts
firedawgon929 : Damn Kwak hit me from behind.

My buddies ....but wasn't able to in time. I'm still sceptical though. I'm not really sure what he was thinking, but I wasn't braking too hard so I don't know how well he was paying attention.
Bad buddy (for not practicing S.I.P.D.E., S.I.P.D.E., S.I.P.D.E.).

BW

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
firedawgon929 : Quote how 'bout some more pics of 'Kristen'...  The chica with the half sleeves
dirty old man
I am not old (25), nor am I dirty!    Just have a thing for chicas with skin art and pocket bikes!!!  

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
You're here to post about it, so that's good

Question is, will you remain 'buddies'? Something like that can test a friendship...

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
2OHOH2954 : You're here to post about it, so that's good

Question is, will you remain 'buddies'? Something like that can test a friendship...
Totally...

I'd stomp a mudhole in quikmike's ass if he hit me!!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2OHOH2954 : You're here to post about it, so that's good

Nah, we're cool. It wasn't intentional. Now, if the insurance doesn't pay out ... then we'll be having issues.

Speaking of the spawn of satan, in the coverage, does that amount (15k, 20k, 25k, etc.) is that 'per accident' or per 'vehicle' involved?

·
Registered
887 Posts
ccwilli3 : Quote (2OHOH2954 @ Aug. 01 2003, 3:30pm)You're here to post about it, so that's good

Totally...

I'd stomp a mudhole in quikmike's ass if he hit me!!!
you would, huh? well, for me to hit you...you'd have to have a bike, you punk beotch!!!!!

Get a bike and then come talk to me!!!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts