Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day while watching a DVD on my Xbox I noticed an almost unnoticable rattle. It grew louder over a few days and I figured my old Xbox was heading downhill..time for a new 360..

It still worked but it sounded like a piece was loose inside. I had rented Doom3 which was still inside the Xbox. I pressed the eject button but instead of the tray ejecting I got a red light with the 'needs service' screen. Great, I thought, I'm buying a crappy game because my Xbox ate it!

Off to surgery....I grabbed my Torx screwdrivers and removed the six screws holding the case together. I removed the hard drive and DVD drive and saw nothing loose. Then I picked up the DVD drive again and heard a clink. After taking off the top cover of the DVD drive and removing the game, I turned it over and out fell a quarter and a brass key, FUN! My two year old thought it would be fun to use it as a piggy bank! I wondered why he was being so well-behaved and quiet watching me tear the thing apart! So if anybody needs a walkthrough for foreign body removal out of an Xbox, I'm the guy.:D

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I've caught my 2 year-old several times trying to put things in the VCR. I do feel you man.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I think we had someone on here that had their kid drop a golf ball down their exhaust. I thought that was pretty funny. :)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
luvtolean said:
I think we had someone on here that had their kid drop a golf ball down their exhaust. I thought that was pretty funny. :)
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
902 Posts
I used to fix VCRs (those recording devices that used black tape cartriges, remember those?) I would remove things like buttered toast, action figures, french fries, cockroaches, pennies, pens. Considering some of the stuck tapes I removed from machines, I'm surprised I never removed any sex toys.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mojave954 said:
It is and it is not funny....:rotfl:

Now the question is, did it work when you put it back together? And, are you sad now cause you can't get a 360?:idunno:
It works perfectly now, and I will just have to wait for a 360...I'm not paying ANY wallet rapists over $1000 for a friggin 360.

My son also dropped a screwdriver down the exhaust while I wasn't looking...I just unbolted the muffler and thankfully it wasn't far inside.
And...I stopped him just as he opened the VCR door flap and almost shoved his PB&J sandwich in it!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
This last fall when I loaded the Bike onto my truck to bring it to Newfoundland. After loading I found some long Sockets in the bed of my truck. At first I thought it was ba bit strange, then I stop in Quebec for the evening and when tighting the straps I found a couple more. I am still missing two!! All I know is that my nephew (19 months at the time) was playing in the garage the day before I left.

I would not be the least suprised to find one down the exhaust.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This happens everytime we're in the garage but I never get mad at him. Yesterday he threw three wrenches from my tool kit down the pipe, a screwdriver left dangling in the chain, and sockets on the pegs and in the swinger pivot.:idunno: whuddayagonnado?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
xraycatj said:
This happens everytime we're in the garage but I never get mad at him. Yesterday he threw three wrenches from my tool kit down the pipe, a screwdriver left dangling in the chain, and sockets on the pegs and in the swinger pivot.:idunno: whuddayagonnado?
Time to lock the tool box. I do admire is want/need to get at the tools though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts