Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else want to choke the life out of some luddite mouth-breather while they hold up the line writing out a check at the store? And why is it these same window lickers wait until the transaction is complete before the START writing the farging check.... :huh: :beatup:

It's 2005 people....throw your freaking checkbooks away and get a debit card already.... :rant:

I propose a simple plan....if you cannot handle the modernity of today's society...STAY AT HOME OR IN THE HILLS....

If you feel the need to write a focking check...go write it at the bank, and use the cash instead of holding up the rest of the world whilst it revolves around your dumb ass... :twocents:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
yeah, don't get it.... Check cards/debit cards and checks. It comes out of the same account people, you get a check card with all but the shittiest checking accounts these days, USE THE FUGGER! :rant:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Baketech said:
It's 2005 people....throw your freaking checkbooks away and get a debit card already.... :rant:
Amen to that!

I use direct deposit, online bill pay, and auto-debit for all my monthly billpaying.

I write a check twice a year for auto insurance, that's about it.

I might carry forty bucks in my wallet at any given time. Most all purchases, even for a couple few bucks in the express lane at the grocery store, are with the debit card.

:thumb:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still write a few checks too.... :O
But I just don't think they have a place in a busy store... :crap:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
My checking account credit/debit card actually pays cash back when used in credit card mode - i.e. signing the slip rather than using the P.I.N.
Checks cost money, card pays me money. Like Chain, I do have a couple things - like insurance - that must be payed for by check, but aside from those the card gets used.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Baketech said:
Anyone else want to choke the life out of some luddite mouth-breather while they hold up the line writing out a check at the store? And why is it these same window lickers wait until the transaction is complete before the START writing the farging check.... :huh: :beatup:

I propose a simple plan....if you cannot handle the modernity of today's society...STAY AT HOME OR IN THE HILLS....

If you feel the need to write a focking check...go write it at the bank, and use the cash instead of holding up the rest of the world whilst it revolves around your dumb ass... :twocents:

...so I can derive further pleasure from examining my invoice for removing ABS from all my vehicles, re-checking the math, writing a check with quill and ink, and blotting it dry with my AARP card, knowing that it's driving one of you youngsters nuts?

Far out. (As we luddites used to say)

:evilaugh:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Call me old fashioned, but I have bad enough of a time remembering things to write down, so using a debit card is a bad idea for me. I ALWAYS write out my check while I'm standing in line so all I have to do is write in the amount and go. I had some problems with credit card abuse ( I have a slight spending problem :) ) so I still use the old checks. I just find it easier for me. And I also think that if I had a debit card, it would make it that much easier for me to spend money I don't have. :twocents:

It might also just be a maturity thing, but I don't even carry any cash on me. Hell I'd buy a bottle of pop just for the simple fact that I had a buck in my pocket. I wasn't taught the best money management skills growing up if that wasn't obvious from the previous statement.

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
CBRVFR said:
...so I can derive further pleasure from examining my invoice for removing ABS from all my vehicles, re-checking the math, writing a check with quill and ink, and blotting it dry with my AARP card, knowing that it's driving one of you youngsters nuts?

Far out. (As we luddites used to say)

:evilaugh:

:rotfl: :clap: :patriot:

I think folks need to learn the art of patience.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts