Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to quit drinking any kind of alcoholic beverage, no more going out to eat, nothing. I'm tired of waiting. If I have to stay in this cold, doldrum, rainy ass hole any longer (and it's rated as the #1 most overpriced city in the United States by Forbes magazine) I'm selling the blade too:thumb:
Time to start training people in the evenings for extra $.

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/images.jtmpl?car_id=168608766&dealer_id=&cardist=2176&&make=ACURA&address=98021&search_type=used&model=NSX&max_price=&min_price=&start_year=1997&end_year=1998&car_year=1997&distance=any&advcd_on=n&advanced=n&color=&first_record=1&

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Good for you Booth. I know you posted a while back about wanting to get the hell outta Dodge. I wish you the best. With a little sacrifice now, you'll get where you need to be.

Funny thing, while at work not long ago, an old man and I were chatting (doesn't matter the context) and he said I looked a bit long in the face. I told him perhaps I was a bit down on this day

He replied, "Keep livin' son, you'll get there."

Words to live by.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
um Chain you forgot the best advice you can give him and something you are an expert at. the Grape Nuts Diet of saving money.

good luck getting out of there Booth. where ya thinking of moving to? that your NSX? and train people to do what?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Move to anyplace where I can ride the majority of the year. No, that isn't my cage, I wish. Guys on here know I lust after it like it's Heidi Klum herself. Training people in the gym, PT a few days a week for extra ends, I want that cage, that bad.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Northern Kalifornia near sac. I must say it's the best riding I've seen consistently all year round. I actually preferred to ride in the winter because of less traffic around the lake (boats as well as other bikes) and the temperature was much better.

The car is perty by the way.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Oh before you said that wasn't your car, you know, back 15 seconds ago when I was thinking it was, I was really thinking "Is that his f^cking HOUSE!!!"

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SPEED said:
Why are you there again?
:rotfl:

Last year had an opportunity to come up here to work on new technology, decided it would be good for the career etc. After being here one month, my company gets sold to another :rant: Had only planned on coming up here for 1-2 years. Everyone I talked to prior to accepting the job said how great it was, how beautiful, etc. And 2 different guys were like "Well it doesn't rain everyday, you can ride almost year round" ummm, yeah that was bullshit. It's overpriced, the traffic is the worst I've ever seen, real estate costs are insane, you have to drive at least an hour to hit a twisty road because the population is so dense and everyone acts like this place is Utopia, hence why it's overpriced as hell. No shit, why am I here? 10 resumes in so far, my guess is that companies don't want to relocate anyone right now.

S

·
0 Posts
booth23 said:

Last year had an opportunity to come up here to work on new technology, decided it would be good for the career etc. After being here one month, my company gets sold to another :rant: Had only planned on coming up here for 1-2 years. Everyone I talked to prior to accepting the job said how great it was, how beautiful, etc. And 2 different guys were like "Well it doesn't rain everyday, you can ride almost year round" ummm, yeah that was bullshit. It's overpriced, the traffic is the worst I've ever seen, real estate costs are insane, you have to drive at least an hour to hit a twisty road because the population is so dense and everyone acts like this place is Utopia, hence why it's overpriced as hell. No shit, why am I here? 10 resumes in so far, my guess is that companies don't want to relocate anyone right now.
That sucks!!! Come here and get a room with LTL, just don't let him talk you out of riding a sportbike :D .

S

·
0 Posts
booth23 said:
I'm not a republican so I wouldn't be welcome :D
You can come a little further South & stay at my place, I'm sure my Dalmation would like the company, she's not a republican either. :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
booth23 said:
to quit drinking any kind of alcoholic beverage, no more going out to eat, nothing. I'm tired of waiting. If I have to stay in this cold, doldrum, rainy ass hole any longer (and it's rated as the #1 most overpriced city in the United States by Forbes magazine) I'm selling the blade too:thumb:
Time to start training people in the evenings for extra $.

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/images.jtmpl?car_id=168608766&dealer_id=&cardist=2176&&make=ACURA&address=98021&search_type=used&model=NSX&max_price=&min_price=&start_year=1997&end_year=1998&car_year=1997&distance=any&advcd_on=n&advanced=n&color=&first_record=1&
Next you will be skipping showers and hanging out at coffee shops listening to old nirvana etc. I think you are getting asimilated :nono:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
booth23 said:

, the traffic is the worst I've ever seen,
Sorry to hear of the overall situation booth, but the above statement says a lot. BTW, you forgot to mention how easy it is to find parking spaces,
any-phucking-where! My SO and I went up there a couple of years ago to visit her daughter - one week there and I was 100% sure I would never live there, whether she decided to move there or not. And we hit it with mostly sunny days, if that tells you how much I did not like the Seattle area...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tombstone said:
Next you will be skipping showers and hanging out at coffee shops listening to old nirvana etc. I think you are getting asimilated :nono:
Fuck that. My team at work goes on a 'group' trip to Starbucks everyday, I'll go once in a while and drink water, it's lame.

As far as grunge goes, I hated that shit 10 years ago, no thanks.

Bacchus, you are dead on correct, it's a nightmare.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
booth23 said:

10 resumes? I sent out over 100 over a period of a few months earlier this year and got ZERO responses....Job market still blows...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts