Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, here is some pictures of the evolution of my 954. Slowly but surely, the 954 is changing it's form. :thumb:

I'm still waiting on the black front fender to come in. :p

I couldn't get the pictures to load in the right order, so the second one should be first, then the first one. Heh heh heh :thumbd:

Rick

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
:thumb: Looking good Rick. So how'd the paint on the tank turn out, and what did he charge ya? I wanna get my front upper and tank done in black to make mine all black.

Dano

{edit} how long did he have the tank for?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris - Not thinking of a black tail right now. I'll leave it two tone for a while and see if I like it. If not then the bike will evolve some more! :thumb:

Dano - The paint was not that bad at all. It had some slight little flaws, but you can't really see them. He charged me $150 to prep, paint and buff the tank. I don't think that's bad at all. Super quick service, he took one week to get the tank done and back to me. :thumb: I'll be out at the trackday at Firebird West on the 30th, if you want to see the tank.

Rick

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I dont know man, right now I'm thinking :puke: :idunno: but whatever makes you happy is cool...

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Personally, I liked the bike in the 1st pic (2nd pic corrected). I still love a splash of color on the tank. The last pic is way off - even with a black tail it is not for me. But that is what personal taste is all about anyway, right?! :D

Well, you asked!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Bacchus said:
Personally, I liked the bike in the 1st pic (2nd pic corrected). I still love a splash of color on the tank. The last pic is way off - even with a black tail it is not for me. But that is what personal taste is all about anyway, right?! :D

Well, you asked!
I kinda agree, I like the red on the fairings and all, but I think the tank is better all black. I don't like the final look all that much, but to each his own! I am sure it still rides sweet!

·
Registered
960 Posts
K9inAZ said:
Chris - Not thinking of a black tail right now. I'll leave it two tone for a while and see if I like it. If not then the bike will evolve some more! :thumb:

Dano - The paint was not that bad at all. It had some slight little flaws, but you can't really see them. He charged me $150 to prep, paint and buff the tank. I don't think that's bad at all. Super quick service, he took one week to get the tank done and back to me. :thumb: I'll be out at the trackday at Firebird West on the 30th, if you want to see the tank.

Rick
Looks good Rick but I think if I'd taken it that far I'd probably go all black, polish the rims and add some understated gold signage. But that's just me. And if I was going to do it I'd learn to spray paint and experiment a bit.
But life is short and I'd rather be riding.
Cheers
RP

·
Registered
43 Posts
i love it man. that's about what i want my 54 to end up like. this is how it looks now, but i think i need to get it down to a more solid color scheme. just like yours maybe...

anyway, very nice :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think once you get the black fender, it will look even better. I like the red tail, the contrast between the all black and red are just awesome. Maybe a set of gold Marchesini wheels would be in order?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gr0undz3r0 said:
what clear flush mounts are those? did u have to drill anything and do they fill up the holes?
Lockhart Phillips - Flushmount IV/med. They cover the hole perfectly. You have to cut out a little of the plastic on the inside front fairing, to make them fit.

Rick

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Great, nuther monochromatic sumbitch. Look whatcha started, Chain :rant:

:smilebig:

It'll look good when you're done. Ever thought of getting it painted flat black? :eyebrows:

·
Registered
453 Posts
nedro said:
:metoo:

By far the best out of the three. OMO
me three .... maybe im an old foagie but i dont understand takin the wings off the sides cuz it ends up looking like a salvage bike that has been pieced together with different plastics :idunno:

·
Registered
441 Posts
FullForce said:
me three .... maybe im an old foagie but i dont understand takin the wings off the sides cuz it ends up looking like a salvage bike that has been pieced together with different plastics :idunno:
Exactly, just about everyone I ride with that has crashed ends up with a bike that looks like that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts