Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HondaGal and I took our bikes to Powerhouse Motorcycles in West Babylon, NY (Long Island) for some dyno tuning. Here's the results for my 929. Full Arata High Mount (49 state bike). Flapper in, stock air filter. PAIR valve is still in too, although they did of course clamp it off to do the mapping. The owner/tuner is Frank. He's been drag racing bikes for about 30 years and does tuning/turbo on a lot of drag bikes including Haybusas. He's got the latest dynojet stuff, including the tuning link software. The blue lines and numbers are my custom map. The red lines and numbers are Dan Kyle's map for the Arata for a CA model 929. I didn't get it dynoed stock, so I have no idea what it was prior to installing the Arata. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Dang!!!.... Well I can see now that I will have to have a custom map done when I install a full system. That's a heck of a difference. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Hmm, that's fantastic. But, 146hp (145.9) on a 929 with just an Arata system? It's been awhile since I've seen 929 results with Hindle's, but I didn't think it was that much. I would have been happy with the 138hp even after the custom map. Wow, congrats.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SuperDave said:
Hmm, that's fantastic. But, 146hp (145.9) on a 929 with just an Arata system? It's been awhile since I've seen 929 results with Hindle's, but I didn't think it was that much. I would have been happy with the 138hp even after the custom map. Wow, congrats.
Thanks! I wasn't expecting it to be that high. He's done a few 929s and thinks that's the highest one he's seen. It may not be that much on a different day, different dyno. :idunno: It's uncorrected because the weather was ideal for mapping....coolish outside, clear, not humid. Otherwise he sometimes applies a correction factor.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fire929blade said:
Forgot to ask if you told the tuner to map it to a specific Air/Fuel ratio?
Do you know what the ratio is on your bike now?

:)
Yes, I told him I thought the good range was 12.8-13.1. He agreed with the 13.1, he's done a few CBRs and he thinks that works. I believe he mapped it at around 13.1 and then moved it around to see what the best was at the top and it was 13.1 - 13.2 I'll go find the chart with the A/F ratio....

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here's before and after charts with the A/F ratios on them. The one with the 138.8 hp is Dan's CA map. The one with the 145.9 is my custom map...

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
SuperDave said:

Zeeman had 149.x with just a Hindle and a PC3 :idunno:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I did a search for Zeeman's #'s and couldn't find anything here. Maybe he'll chime in and refresh our memories. :)

Anyway, HGToo's 929 had better results than my 954 although I'm quite happy with my final results. Apparently, the DK map I was running for the 49 state 954 was toooo rich. The before and after results are significantly different as can be seen in the charts.

My bike is stock except for the Arata full system.

I can't wait to try out this new map and see if I notice a difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hmmmm...I thought I was doing good with my 142 also tuned by some pretty reputable guys. And mine with all the standard mods and full Hindle. I don't get it. Back to the drawing board. What kind of fuel were you running?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts