Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts
cbr99xx said:
Dang!!!.... Well I can see now that I will have to have a custom map done when I install a full system. That's a heck of a difference. :thumb:
I watched a guy pickup 8HP between 5 and 7k RPM hafer having the dyno operator use the DynoLInk or TuningLink (can't recall the name now). A custom map to the bike, elevation and fuel formula make a big difference. 8 HP right in the meat of the usable RPM range must have really woken the bike up!

Ripfuel said:
Any chance of sharing your awesome maps with your fellow Fireblade brothers and sisters? :thumb:

Thanks,
Rip
Sure, send us a PM with your email address and bike model. Unless you have an Arata system this map won't do you any good. And, it probably won't help you much even if you did. All bikes are different and what's good for one may not be good for another. I was previously using a map made for an Arata and a 49 state 954 and that map was not good for my bike.

Best thing is to get a custom map made for your bike as all bikes are different.

For all of you who are considering making that big jump and plunking down the coin to get your bikes really running right, I thought you would appreciate the good news that custom dyno mapping just went up to $350 in our area. In response to this, Powerhouse has raised its price to $300. If, however, you can show you are a member of this site (with more than 2 posts!), we will map your bike(s) for the original price of $250 . . .

If you call, make sure you mention Fireblades.Org!

Frank
Powerhouse Motorcycles
www.fastcycles.com

Discussion starter · #66 ·
fastcyc said:
For all of you who are considering making that big jump and plunking down the coin to get your bikes really running right, I thought you would appreciate the good news that custom dyno mapping just went up to $350 in our area. In response to this, Powerhouse has raised its price to $300. If, however, you can show you are a member of this site (with more than 2 posts!), we will map your bike(s) for the original price of $250 . . .

If you call, make sure you mention Fireblades.Org!

Frank
Powerhouse Motorcycles
www.fastcycles.com

Good deal! :thumb:

Congrats on some wicked improvements with the custom maps--that is what you should be celebrating.

Each dyno is different and on different days, will yield different results despite dyno correction factors.

Your #s are especially high because you had cool dense air and did not use SAE correction. If you used SAE correction you would still show improvement over the DK map (the important thing), but the numbers would be more in line with other modded 929s. Dynos are tuning tools that help you gauge improvement. Congrats again on the improvement!

Discussion starter · #68 ·
Mako said:
Congrats on some wicked improvements with the custom maps--that is what you should be celebrating.

Each dyno is different and on different days, will yield different results despite dyno correction factors.

Your #s are especially high because you had cool dense air and did not use SAE correction. If you used SAE correction you would still show improvement over the DK map (the important thing), but the numbers would be more in line with other modded 929s. Dynos are tuning tools that help you gauge improvement. Congrats again on the improvement!
Thanks! We know this.

Mako is exactly right in stating that what is most important is the improvement seen on the dyno, especially on the same day. By the way, because all testing and mapping was done on the same day on both Hongals bikes, we opted to give actual numbers, since that is what the bikes actually did. However, the SAE numbers for both bikes are as follows:

HongalToo ('01 CBR 929):

Before mapping: 131.7 RWHP, 68.6 ft-lbs. torque; SAE
After mapping: 139.4 RWHP, 71.0 ft-lbs. torque. SAE

The actual HP #s of 145.9 and 138.8 showed an increase of of 7.1 HP, while the SAE #s of 139.4 and 131.7 showed an increase of 7.7 HP!

Likewise, actual torque 74.3 and 72.3: increase of 2.0 ft-lbs;
SAE torque 71.0 and 68.6: increase of 2.4 ft-lbs.

Hongal ('02 CBR954):

Before mapping: 123.6 RWHP, 63.2 ft-lbs. torque; SAE
After mapping: 139.2 RWHP, 68.5 ft-lbs. torque; SAE

The actual HP #s of 143.5 and 129.3 showed an increase of 14.2 HP, while
the SAE #s of 139.2 and 123.6 showed an increase of 15.6 HP!

Likewise, actual torque 70.5 and 66.1: increase of 4.4 ft-lbs;
SAE torque 68.5 and 63.2: increase of 5.3 ft-lbs.

So, as you can see, the SAE numbers netted greater GAINS then the actual, uncorrected numbers.

Hope that quells any discontent, I promise not to do it again! :nono:

0254freak said:
have to agree with this ?
not questioning anyone's skills butttt. you can have alot less hp than
the person next to you but if they can't ride!
Agreed. Skill is most important. But on the long straight I'm going to enjoy the extra hp.......wheeeeeeeee :smilebig:

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.