Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So I decided that in order to record my progress I'd put up a little build thread for myself and whoever is bored enough to follow. Got this '08 a couple weeks ago and I've already ordered some parts. Mostly cosmetic for now, but as it goes it'll start to move into performance. I do have one big question that's worrying the heck out of me. When I went to look at the bike (which was listed as "mint" but was far from) I checked the frame for any signs of damage. I couldn't find anything wrong with the frame at all. Swingarm looked good, everything looked good except the cosmetic damages that I'll show pics of below. I rode the bike before I bought it and I ran it through all six gears with no issues. The brakes are incredible, the power I wanted was there, all seemed well. However, now that I own the bike and I've been riding it much harder I notice when I go WOT the bike pulls to the right. So much so that I have to lean it left to try and straighten it out. My first thought was there was something up with the tire but if any of you have any words of wisdom: I'm all ears!
Anyhow, here's a few pics of how it sits right now. The nose is slightly damaged and I'm ordering an OEM replacement from a nearby shop called Everything Motorcycles. They offered me a better price than bikebandit.com so why the hell not, right? I mean... support local businesses is the name of my game.
I ordered some HIDs, a new windscreen (the OEM one is broken), I'm still pestering the previous owner for the mirrors he promised he'd give me but it's lookin' like I'll have to order some. I also picked up a used OEM tank cover as the one on my bike has a hole in it.
Just so you all have an idea of how I am: I don't buy cheap ebay replicas unless there are TONS of positive remarks as to the outstanding quality of said replicas (which is RARELY the case). I didn't buy all new fairings for $350, I didn't buy a $14 HID kit, etc. That being said: how terrible are the aftermarket china mirrors? I imagine they're worthless but whatever, doesn't hurt to ask I suppose.
Ok, enough blabbing... here's a few pictures of my Digital Silver Fireblade:
(It's unbelievable that you'd be forced to pay to be able to see images hosted on another site. Just, wow..) [What's the best way to share images with everyone, please...? Because the drag and drop feature doesn't seem to work for me either. Boy is this frustrating as all hell.]

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
IMO, if someone says it is mint and it isn't, I would have walked away. if they cannot even be honest about things you can visually see, what about things you can't see? If they are not going to be honest, why would I want to do business with them?

With that said, have you checked the rear tire alignment at all? I'm not talking about looking at the indicators on the rear axle either, but checking the alignment the proper and scientific way. Did the PO did put the tires on the correct orientation as well?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I'm taking it to a shop to have it looked at by a mechanic AFTER I have a friend look it over with me in greater detail. The new front should be in soon and I'll be tearing this thing way down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts