Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

the Grease Ninja :thumbsup:

13K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  lanbrown 
#1 ·
Back in November 2012, I got wind of a chain lubrication device called the Grease Ninja. Seems like I watched a youtube video of it, and thought it was worth a try, especially at only $15.
I got the impression that Tom, owner of Grease Ninja (and maybe My Space? :D ) was a start-up who had a good product that was not just another 'better mouse trap'.
I'm really glad I bought it, and can't believe I waited so long to try it out. The only reason is because I was procrastinating rigging the apparatus to the spray can.
That was easily tackled in about 3 minutes.

You guys and gals, this thing is a no-brainer! :)

This simple little plastic block is engineered just right to do exactly what it's supposed to. It comes with various straws to fit different size spray nozzles, that’s handy! And it allows you to hold the can straight up for when your spray can is almost empty. The Philips screws: take them out and blow air or WD40 through to clean all the ports. This is a well thought out design. imo.

I think I'll make back the $15 this year in saved (premium high priced) lube. The first time you use it, you'll see how easy it is to get adequate coverage without ANY overspray and no more than 5 or 6 drops of waste.

My endorsement is completely voluntary - I have no interest in Grease Ninja.

They just make a product that really works and is simple, fast, and very cheap.

GN Products

- It takes a few seconds to figure out to turn the wheel moderately slow.

- This is all the spill I had. Next time I'll have half that or less.

- My chain is a 520, this picture gives a visual of how well the ports line up with the Orings.
They offer another size for 525 or 530 chains. Even bicycle chains. If I was still mountain biking I'd get one for it too.

GN Products

See less See more
#7 ·
I would assume that it is actually a Teflon block and not merely a hunk of plastic... good idea actually. Like Kevo pointed out.. not having overspray all on the back wheel and tyre is a lovely thought =)

#9 ·
lolxx u guys should understand why i asked the dimensions.. im located in asia where apparently the currency sucks i have to pay like 40bucks when i can use a 3d printer to make this in jus few bucks anyways no worries i have figured it out and well my design works n its awesome thanks for the shitty comments jdoni Jaybird180

#14 · (Edited)
Here is a product I bought over 20 years ago, haven't used it in awhile so I couldn't find mine for a picture, that's why I posted this guys video. It did contain most of the over spray, I just haven't seen it since I moved 10 years ago, lol. I don't know if it's still for sale, but I doubt it, all I could track down were you-tube videos. It has plastic bristles on the inside to brush off the crud, but I used to clean my chain first and only used the oiler on a clean chain, just so I wouldn't have to clean the oiler every time. Oh, and I used PJ1 chain lube, not WD-40, nor did I have the problems this phuktard had making it work. I used the string it came with a looped it around the foot peg, but then again I'm not a 'Busa genius! Sometimes you have to be smarter than the tool.

Reactions: nder
#21 ·
I do think that some of the bike specific maintenance tasks we perform might be excessive or outdated due to newer technology. Lubing a chain might one of them since the invention of the o-ring. The grease is inside the o-ring seal. However, you are cleaning the chain which is good for the sprockets and lubing the roller pins but it doesn't significantly accelerate wear to neglect it once in awhile.

My last chain I removed simply because I wanted to go back to the stock size chain and sprocket teeth.

#23 ·
The lube acts as a lubricant and protector for the o-rings though. So while the grease is inside that is for the chains pins/links, you still need to protect the outside of the o-rings themselves from the outside elements. That s why you don't need to load a chain up with a thorough coat of lube and have it then flung all over the place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.