Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
"IF" they have another season of hockey that'll be good for them. He'd be even more useful if he dawned the 99 and strapped on the Bauers one last time. Wayne is GOD. :bowtome: :nworthy3:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
left-right punch.

The problem is these guys have never been able to build a backyard rink or jump over the boards on an outdoor rink in the middle of the night for a game of shinny. It changes everything.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I never thought that Wayne would be a good coach. Look around at all the ex-player coaches that are good. They were horrible players that had to be coached extensively so they know what is required.

How is Wayne going to coach someone? Yeah just go down the wing and feather a pass through both the defencemens legs to your winger and then loop around the net take the return pass and either put it upstair were they keep the peanut butter or saucer a pass back through the defencemens legs to the winger again for the highlight reel goal. What do you mean you can't do that? I did it for decades!

I think that his dad Walter would be a better coach.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I see your point Kuss. When the greatest player in the game starts telling you how do things, it's gotta be hard. Just like you said, he can tell them what to do, but can they do it?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
He's also got a good head on his shoulders for managing the game. He's been looking after the Canadian team for a while now with some fantastic results.

He was the greatest in the game because he understood it. He understood how to setup plays and where to be. If he the players can gleen even that much knowledge from them, even a ham-fisted player like Domi could be a play maker. If you're always in the right spot at the right time, you're bound to put something in the net with even the least fancy moves. I say the guys will be lucky to have him as a coach.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts