Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I just sat in the new Ford GT. The local dealer got a white one with blue stripes. OH MY GOD, what a sick car. No pics, didn't have my cam.

Dano

{edit} Added some pics of it. Apparently people couldn't stop putting their greasy taco hands all over it so they put up a few signs. I'm glad I was there before that.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: The GT is here.

ND4SPD said:
Go back to the dealer :p
I'm gonna try and get some this week. The owner of the dealer will be taking it home next week. The second one for the dealer will be here soon(Red w/black stripes), it'll be auctioned off since there is over 50 people on the list for it. Should bring in a bit of money.

Dano

·
Registered
3,595 Posts

they are going for 25k more than msrp.

are you going to take it for a spin :eek:

·
Registered
476 Posts

A good customer of mine took delivery last monday. I don't think he's going to let me touch it though and after the Viper ACR incident he's definitely not going to let me drive it!

·
Registered
16,568 Posts

BillAce said:
A good customer of mine took delivery last monday. I don't think he's going to let me touch it though and after the Viper ACR incident he's definitely not going to let me drive it!
Sounds like you've got a story to tell :allears: :popcorn:

·
Registered
476 Posts

When I did the system in his car, I also installed a K40 Radar system. The day he picked the car up, he was really happy with my work and asked me if I ever drove a Viper. I had but not an ACR. HE gives me the keys and says let's check out the radar and make sure you hear the stereo over the engine noise. I assumed he meant that I should drive aggressively. I spun 3 gears leaving my shop with the stereo blasting and didn't notice the cheif of police in an unmarked Tahoe coming in the other direction. When the radar finally went off in the next town about 30 seconds later, I muted the radio and could almost hear the sirens over the shreiking passenger. I was stopped by 11 patrol cars and had the owner of the car thanking the cops for saving his life. When I worked on his 360, he took the keys with him. :idunno:

I have many PBA cards and my brother is a cop in the town I live in. I lost 6 cards and left with a Careless ticket, that was reduced in court to Unsafe Driving and no points.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So my girlfriend and I went to the dealer last night with digi in hand and took a few shots. Then of course we stayed there for four hours. Looked at a bunch of F-150's and finally decided on what we are going to get. Now all we need to do is close on our house, get my tax money in a few months, and get the F-150. I hate being a grown up it sucks(most of the time it's ok).

Dano

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't like the looks of that car at all.
I am also amazed they can get that much money out of them for the performance numbers it puts up.
The Viper can do anything the GT can do, all for nearly half the dollars - and looks days better.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I love the car, but still think the engine choice was kinda weak. They took the easy, inefficient way out with the blower.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think a HUGE part of it is the nostalgic value of the car. All those "older" car buffs who grew up watching the GT-40 race. They all wanted one, and now you can have a modern version of it, street ready. I LOVE IT. I really wish I had the money to get one.

Dano

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
ReaperAZ said:
I think a HUGE part of it is the nostalgic value of the car. All those "older" car buffs who grew up watching the GT-40 race. They all wanted one, and now you can have a modern version of it, street ready. I LOVE IT. I really wish I had the money to get one.

Dano
Yep, me, me, me, please! I was 14 in '66 and part of my youth was supporting the GT40 / Wyer over its racing lifetime and specifically at Le Mans. I agree the engine choice sounds the easy way out, but the reviews have all been good. Great pics, thanks Reaper :thumb:

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oldfogey said:
Yep, me, me, me, please! I was 14 in '66 and part of my youth was supporting the GT40 / Wyer over its racing lifetime and specifically at Le Mans. I agree the engine choice sounds the easy way out, but the reviews have all been good. Great pics, thanks Reaper :thumb:

You sound just like my dad with that post. I believe he too was in his early to mid teens then and dreamed of owning one. I would love nothing more then to buy one for my dad with all he has done for me in my life. Unfortunately though, I would have to work every single day for the next three years to afford that thing.

Dano

1 - 20 of 36 Posts