Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I say the only downside of the new GT is all the ppl that made kit cars....granted they are not even close by comparison but all that work to drive something original down the drain.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
MrX954 said:
I say the only downside of the new GT is all the ppl that made kit cars....granted they are not even close by comparison but all that work to drive something original down the drain.
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
MrX954 said:

The man has a point.

If you look at the Shelby Cobra you can say the same thing. You can still buy an ORIGINAL Shelby just going to cost you a bit of $$$. The ones you can get now have 427ci all aluminum supercharged powerplants, putting out around 700+ HP. You even have the option of a fiberglass or metal body(the pricier).

Dano

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
ReaperAZ said:
If you look at the Shelby Cobra you can say the same thing. You can still buy an ORIGINAL Shelby just going to cost you a bit of $$$. The ones you can get now have 427ci all aluminum supercharged powerplants, putting out around 700+ HP. You even have the option of a fiberglass or metal body(the pricier).
I think kit cars are awesome, if they're done to the spirit of the car in question. (a fiero with a Ferrari body on it is just stupid)

I am seriously thinking about one of these as a gift to myself if I ever get my Master's.

http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/coupe/coupekit.html

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
figment said:
Reaper,

Can you assist me in getting a deposit on that car? I cant find any here in Texas...

Well THAT one belongs to the owner of the dealer. I highly doubt he'd be willing to part ways with it. The second one will be here soon, you can get on the list for the auction :thumb: . The third one will be here later in the year, no clue about that one.

How about you just cut me a check for 10% of the MSRP, I'll take care of the rest :rotfl: :evilaugh:

Dano

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
ReaperAZ said:
How about you just cut me a check for 10% of the MSRP, I'll take care of the rest :rotfl: :evilaugh:

Dano
GREAT, I'll have my Nigerian bank contact you ASAP! :eyebrows:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
luvtolean said:
I think kit cars are awesome, if they're done to the spirit of the car in question. (a fiero with a Ferrari body on it is just stupid)

I am seriously thinking about one of these as a gift to myself if I ever get my Master's.

http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/coupe/coupekit.html
I agree. the whole body kit on a fiero is not a kit car its a body kit.

I looked into team-c-racing, for cobra kits...not thinking of buying one just like to keep up to date on the info on them....maybe someday.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
ND4SPD said:
:eek: Only $15k? That's everything??
Nope. You gotta buy a 5.0 donor car. Then any "extras".

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
ND4SPD said:
So figure another $15-20k for motor, tranny and rear end....
Depends. If you use the stock stuff, you could get a donor car for like $3k and just transfer it all over. It'd be enertaining. Careful shopping for the donor car could get you an already modded one that could get you around 300hp with everything else for about $5k.

For how I'd want to build it?

Another pile of cash for all of those parts (but could be done for much less than $15k as I have lots of mustang crap laying around). ;) Not to mention a couple g's on upgrades to the kit.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts