Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my cbr400rr aka the uncrashable 2 a while ago and while checking it over, i notice that it had become stuck on highbeam and wouldn't come off, unless i take the switch apart, firstly has anyone had this problem?

and secondly i cannot turn the lights on or off either yet my mates '91 blade lights can be? is it a years differents as that part of the switch is missing, not even put in, my year is a '94

and as ebay cannot produce a replavement nor can Dave Silver does anyone know if any of this bikes sisters have a replacement unit control that will fit?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi, not sure if you posted about this in another forum, which I answered?

Anyhow, first your switch maybe ok. I had the same problem. What it could be, if you take the switch apart you will see a small box with the Hi/Lo button. open this carefully as a spring will pop out, now there should be a small piece of bent metal, looking like half a swastika or oldie car starter handle shape, It may have come out and lying in the bottom so make sure this is in the correct position, it sits upright in a small plastic grove and connects to an upper piece. Dont confuse this pin with the small copper strip attached. Also try a little WD40 before you take the switch apart, that might work.

Your other query, yep my 94 (actually 31-12-93) NC29 is the same and I cannot turn the lights off either. Also its not a straight swap for an earlier version as far as I can gather. So you and I are stuck with it. If you ever put HID lights on you will need a Time Delay Relay, another story..

·
Registered
106 Posts

i think the left hand switch of a NC29 matches with a CBR150. Try to look for some suppliers in thailand, they sell CBR150 parts there.

on the other hand, you can do some conversion like what i did with my NC29. i used the left hand switch from a yamaha R6. but the on-off switch to the headlight will be gone and the passing switch too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khs7VH7OdTk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice bike, a lot of time has gone into her i guess

i really like that idea and the switch better then the one its got more easier to work with the gloves, was it an easy convertion? shame about losing teh passing switch, guess i'll just have to give car drivers the finger lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
nice bike, a lot of time has gone into her i guess

i really like that idea and the switch better then the one its got more easier to work with the gloves, was it an easy convertion? shame about losing teh passing switch, guess i'll just have to give car drivers the finger lol

the convertion is not that difficult...

my project bike really spent me a lot of modification manhours, i have more time modifying it rather than actually riding with it. by the bike is ridden every 4 months only............:O

1 - 6 of 6 Posts