Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called Progressive to do a name change on the wife and a change from single to married on the both of us. Well, the auto policy had a decrease of 20% which we had just paid in full, so, a credit is due, awesome.

Get transferred to the m/c side of Progressive to do the same. The m/c (one presently) is on a seperate policy with both of our names on it, still with Progressive mind you. The "agent" makes the changes to the wifes name and our status, married vs. single, and she tells me there is a 10% INCREASE in our policy. WTF?

Somebody has got to explain this to me.

How can being married make you less of a risk in an auto but more of a risk on two wheels?

I know I am preaching to the choir but I had to vent a bit. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
They gave you a discount on the car, and have to make up the money somewhere. They figured they would screw you on the bike to recoup a small bit of the cost. If I were you, I would call the agent back up and tell her that the 10% increase was the deciding factor in you moving all your insured vehicles elsewhere. I'd be surprised if that 10% increase didn't magically disappear.
Our insurance agent called up at the beginning of the year with a 'friendly note' that the insurance on my wife's Eclipse would be going up by about $10/mo. although nothing had changed in our driving and insurance records. I told her that that was fine, but I will be moving all our vehicles to another company. She called back about 15 minutes later and said that she was actually able to lower the rates.
Insurance companies will try to get you however they can. They expect you to accept it when they raise your rates. Don't.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I called an "Escalated Customer Care Rep", she told me it was all due to "statistics".

Well "statistics" will begin to show that when Progressive raises rates, Progressive customers go shopping. :thumbd: :hellobye:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts