Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need to know there are others out there who feel the way I do. I just rode my bike over 60 miles at 40 degrees in light mist, at night, because it wasn't snowing....and I couldn't wait 3 days for the weather to clear. I love motorcycles, sportsbikes especially (can't stand scooters or Hardly Ablesons, rather push a wrecked '89 vfr than ride those...) I love the sound, the feel, the smell, the look of rockets.... My wife calls my bike "the mistress". Minus the...ahem...physical activities...she is almost right. When I see a rocket fly by, I can tell you make, model, and approximate year, most of the time. I once spotted a Ducati 996 from 6 blocks away, my wife was impressed, and I felt like I should have received a cookie or something... Sometimes when I am in my kitchen, I open the door to the garage, just to see her again, I may do this two or three times.. Do I have an illness? Or are there others like me? Is it wrong to lust after a machine, I mean I'm not pokin' the tailpipe, but I do find it somewhat sensual when I take her out on a hot sunny day and wash her, then wax her, then dry her with her own dedicated shammy. Please tell me there are others with the sickness, the obsession.... or should I hang up the helmet, jacket and gloves and find the nearest shrink???

·
Registered
434 Posts
Your not alone my friend. I would sell my left or right nut before I would go without a sportbike. I work nights so on my days off I am awake while the kids and wife are sleeping. So I head out to the garage with some food, drink, good music and just sit there looking at the bike for hours. Thinking to myself the whole time damn your one fine machine.:eyebrows: I also ride all year round rain or shine no matter how cold or hot it is. If I don't get my ride fix I get really hard to live or work with.:evilaugh: Oh and porking the tail pipe aint so wrong :eek: just make sure it cools off before you give her a go:rotfl: .

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eyebrows: i won't lie, i saw the two bros pipe and considered it hahaha, i lost my rc51 last year to an old lady and a blind intersection, i became...as my wife said... "impossible and belligerent" i don't do well without a bike lol
people that don't ride, don't know man! I have converted 5 ppl at work into hardcore rocket riders, one dude was like, "damn man , i don't know why I didn't get a bike sooner!" :duh: :bonk:

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey, how do I get my pic and quote under my name?? (sorry....noob)

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nevermind....gotta be a supporting member...gonna do that a.s.a.p

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
I just need to know there are others out there who feel the way I do. I just rode my bike over 60 miles at 40 degrees in light mist, at night, because it wasn't snowing....and I couldn't wait 3 days for the weather to clear. I love motorcycles, sportsbikes especially (can't stand scooters or Hardly Ablesons, rather push a wrecked '89 vfr than ride those...) I love the sound, the feel, the smell, the look of rockets.... My wife calls my bike "the mistress". Minus the...ahem...physical activities...she is almost right. When I see a rocket fly by, I can tell you make, model, and approximate year, most of the time. I once spotted a Ducati 996 from 6 blocks away, my wife was impressed, and I felt like I should have received a cookie or something... Sometimes when I am in my kitchen, I open the door to the garage, just to see her again, I may do this two or three times.. Do I have an illness? Or are there others like me? Is it wrong to lust after a machine, I mean I'm not pokin' the tailpipe, but I do find it somewhat sensual when I take her out on a hot sunny day and wash her, then wax her, then dry her with her own dedicated shammy. Please tell me there are others with the sickness, the obsession.... or should I hang up the helmet, jacket and gloves and find the nearest shrink???
You're normal mate, but you must remember to wash the sooty ring off before you go back into the house. It's a dead give away.:whistle: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're normal mate, but you must remember to wash the sooty ring off before you go back into the house. It's a dead give away.:whistle: :rolleyes:
:rotfl: LMAO!! I'm sure the wife wouldn't like that, but she probably wouldn't be surprised.... hahaha

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess I forgot to check for the "sooty ring" :alcohol::idunno:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
oh the looks i got while it was 34 degrees outside and i was on the highway riding with one hand on my hip just cruising along. didnt even feel the wind due to my gear i was wearing.

oh the looks i got while riding when it was pouring down and i was on the highway riding with one hand on my hip just cruising along. didnt even bother me just maintained focus and kept wiping my shield with my free hand

oh the looks i got while riding this past summer in temperatures in excess of 100degress with my icon retro leather jacket that matches my bike and i was on the highway riding with one hand on my hip just cruising along. didnt even care as long as i was moving and had my vents open i was fine.

my 900rr will be missed :(

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
oh the looks i got while it was 34 degrees outside and i was on the highway riding with one hand on my hip just cruising along. didnt even feel the wind due to my gear i was wearing.

oh the looks i got while riding when it was pouring down and i was on the highway riding with one hand on my hip just cruising along. didnt even bother me just maintained focus and kept wiping my shield with my free hand

oh the looks i got while riding this past summer in temperatures in excess of 100degress with my icon retro leather jacket that matches my bike and i was on the highway riding with one hand on my hip just cruising along. didnt even care as long as i was moving and had my vents open i was fine.

my 900rr will be missed :(
Were you riding with one hand on your hip?:rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sounds like another satisfied Honda Owner...
Damn Straight!! Honda or nothin (unless its free...I might consider it then..:eyebrows:) I just found a 954rr for my brother. he rode mine, got off, went to the bank and is picking it up next week! :clap: Another satisfied Honda Owner indeed!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.