Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

36521 - 36530 of 36530 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,352 Posts
In middle UK where I am (near Birmingham) we rarely get snowed in, save for 2017 when it snowed for about 2 weeks.

We can usually get a break of a few dry days, but if overnight temps are low and with mist, the roads will not dry and always remain with a wet sheen. Generally, we have a clear run from mid-March through to mid-October. Our present temps vary from 33 - 44F.
Wow, that's pretty decent Nigel. Our temps from December to March can typically be a high of 30f.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'm a bit further south of Nigel (but also my name is Nigel) but similar weather. It might snow and it's gone in 2 days but causes total mayhem - I can work from home so doesn't bother me! I tend to lay up the bike the end of November for it to re-emerge mid-March. Temps been lurking around 6-10c (42 - 50f had to google the conversion, never worked in Fahrenheit LOL). I did venture out on Saturday but only to the shops as I knew the traffic was going to be bad, and parking, but the bike avoids both these issues! :grin

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
After days of rain the sun came out and dried up all the roads so went for a quick 80 mile blast from home to Salisbury, A30 to Stockbridge, A3057 Andover and A343 to Highclere Castle. Some of you may of heard of the place as its where the series Downton Abbey(British historical period drama) was set/filmed. The castle was closed to the public but there you go! Still I found out what a sweet handling thing the CBR1000RR-e is! More flickable than a booger in a double maths lesson and fast as f***! :devil

Attachments

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Come on guys, new site design, looks like it might be easier to navigate and certainly looks cool. Lets USE IT!
Yes, it does look cool. But some of us are slower than you so our ability to assimilate this technological marvel is somewhat compromised.

Oh, I am using it, aren't I!:rolleyes:(y)

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,352 Posts
easier to navigate? i don't know what's going on anymore.
I fiddled with if for about 30 minutes, read some stuff, and got some direction from @admin (Cricket). Pics are WAY better now (uploading and size), new posts are easy to find, and the search function works worlds better. It’s not my classic/full skin FB’s, but it’s serving it’s purpose. Some small things could changed, but so far I’m the only one bitching/griping, so we’ll see how it progresses.

36521 - 36530 of 36530 Posts