Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

36541 - 36560 of 36565 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
What a weird relaxation of rules, the implication being that one is at greater risk of being contagious or catching the virus once they pass the 50 klms mark.

I can just imagine police pulling over drivers/riders and checking trip meters and doing Google Earth checks on their distance from home!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sadly they are ready to do it via cell phone tracking:(

·
Registered
353 Posts
If only manufacturers built in something that turned off all data that we're required to use every time we're in an airplane for no reason

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think the manufactures are all too happy to add latest and greatest features at the request of governments. My basic phone without GPS tracking was made obsolite and all allowable replacements were required to include GPS tracking capability. We weld told that it's past of a mandated "911" related feature. I believe that pulling the battery is the only way to temporally defeat it on US phones.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I did find an old 'Dealer Rant' thread, but thought I hide my disappointment in here.

I have a 2018 CBR500R which I use as a runabout so I don't knock up a lot of miles on my good bikes. I purchased this at a great price just last Jan as superseded stock, and today had my booking for its 1st service. I am not naive to dealer prices, but for new bikes believe in the value of dealer-stamped service books.

What a friggin' take. I have no problem supporting Honda all the way, but a service charge of £119.00 plus 20% VAT is just over the top for an hour's work. I had already stopped using this place for MoTs, but never again for service - save for the 1st service for the yet to be delivered RR-R.

But it gets worse; £11.60 for an oil filter (plus VAT). I do my other bikes with Hi Flo filters which I get delivered for £5.99. And then they had the friggin' audacity to charge me another five quid for 'environmental' charges.

So glad that I have a local ex-Honda tech who charges less than half the dealer rate. Never was there a better example of voting with my feet.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
i reckon the amount you loss on resale value by not having a complete Dealer Service History is more than made up for from the amount you save on dealer prices for all those services! In a busy year when I'm knocking up the miles or doing some track days I'll change the oil at least twice as often as the book says, and brake fluid is an annual change for me too to keep the stopper in good check. The cost would soon add up at a dealer for all this!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
"looks like i'll be leaving my phone behind for a while. "

just put it in flight mode. They clearly don't check this sort of stuff in the UK or I'd be screwed!!

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I buy genuine Honda stuff off eBay, as soon as it pops up at a good price I just grab it, so I’ve got a stock of oil filters, plugs, brake pads etc. I can do an oil and filter change for probably about £40 and it takes about an hour by the time the mid fairings and belly pan are removed and refitted.

That reminds me, mine is due a service!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
^^^^
I never have bothered taking the faring off to do an oil change. on the 929 and 954 the worst bit is getting the oil filter out from the exhaust headers but I always end up loosing some on the pipes! Grrr. Can't remember the 98 rr-w but pretty sure I didn't take anything off either.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I'm here to rant again.

Bought my fave packs of Trebor Extra Strong mints. All was going well. I eat these two at a time, and when arriving at the end of the pack there is usually three remaining. Today there were only two. A quick check of the weight: 41.3 gms. I knew they were formerly 44 gms, retained in my mind cos of Lewis Hamilton's race number. (OCD at its greatest:rolleyes:)

Once again we have manufacturers giving the public a giant shafting by reducing sizes/weights with no communication at all to consumers. This happens quite frequently, often going under the radar.

BUT, I recall one not going under the radar when consumers publicly outed Mars confectionery for reducing the Mars bar. In a typical 'political' response, Mars countered with the statement that it was done FOR OUR BENEFIT to reduce calories. Friggin' asses. Shame they (and Trebor) did not extend us a similar benefit of price reduction to match. :mad::mad:
Ref: Mars and Snickers bars shrink in size - CBBC Newsround

·
Registered
353 Posts
The reason portion size decreased was to keep the cost the same. Every year the ingredients increase in price but they still want that 99¢ price tag to trigger impulse buys. Snapple has been doing it for decades

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
The reason portion size decreased was to keep the cost the same. Every year the ingredients increase in price but they still want that 99¢ price tag to trigger impulse buys. Snapple has been doing it for decades
If that’s the case a packet of Trebor extra strong mints would have been a meter long back in 1975!

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
where did he put the indicators?
I've seen on quite a few bikes that guys tuck small indicators inside the rear cowl vents. In UK roadworthy law they're acceptable so long as they're working and more than 180 mm separation at the rear.

36541 - 36560 of 36565 Posts