Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there all.

I e-mailed Hindle about swapping the systems to see if it was possible. The following is the reply.

Thank you for considering Hindle for your bike. The two systems are interchangable, although the mid-pipe is bent differently and will not look appropriate on your bike.(not too bad) I do not have pictures available to show you but I can tell you that it has been done and then when people see the bike they are left to believe that it is a design flaw from Hindle. So, go ahead and use the 929 system on your 954 but just be sure to tell all your buddies and admirers that it is not the intended system for your bike :) Enjoy the added performance and sound of your Hindle!
So there u have it, they are swappable but they won't look right. Cheers

Cam

·
Registered
777 Posts
I posted this before but my 954 has a 929 full Hindle on it. My 929 was stolen before I could install the exhaust on it. I bought the 954 and put it on a week later.
This is the important part: The headers will rub against the radiator unless you shim the mounting bracket for the radiator where is attaches to the engine block. Mine also rubs the midpipe against the swingarm resulting in a small groove in the swingarm.
IMO it would be better to get the proper one in the first place.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Diesel954 said:
I posted this before but my 954 has a 929 full Hindle on it. My 929 was stolen before I could install the exhaust on it. I bought the 954 and put it on a week later.
This is the important part: The headers will rub against the radiator unless you shim the mounting bracket for the radiator where is attaches to the engine block. Mine also rubs the midpipe against the swingarm resulting in a small groove in the swingarm.
IMO it would be better to get the proper one in the first place.

My 929 had the same problem with the radiator and I did the same with the shim.

Now the swingarm thing is a different story. You have a pic of the swingarm problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts