Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
"But a Pentagon press spokesman made it clear that the team was finally overrun after they ran out of ammunition following a five-hour firefight. Private Lynch personally took out 93 Iraqi soldiers, applying her lipstick in between bouts of savagery. When finally pinned down, 12 dead men lay at her feet."

:clap: :D

In all seriousness, it was unfortunate what really happened to her but the "spin" that our military put on this WAS a little hard to swallow. No, I never thought of her as a hero. Just wrong place at the wrong time and eventually used as a moral booster story for the real soldiers. I wish more real stories/accounts would come out about our true heroes then and now.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
SuperDave said:
... I wish more real stories/accounts would come out about our true heroes then and now....
Some Heros can never talk. Sometimes because doing so would be a breach of security. That's a special breed of Hero.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
figment said:
Some Heros can never talk. Sometimes because doing so would be a breach of security. That's a special breed of Hero.
Agreed, I've seen some footage of Navy Seal Operations/Interviews that were released due to the time elapse (?) of General Manuel Noreiga's capture. The History channel is fascinating as well with top secret missions in WWWI and WWWII.

I recently watched Band of Brothers (entire series), and those soldiers from the 101st(?) Airborne were some brave heroes. Serious and deserving winners of the Medal of Honor for heroism and bravery under terrible battle conditions. Others, you are right, we will never hear about nor be able to truly appreciate their sacrifices.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
SuperDave said:
Agreed, I've seen some footage of Navy Seal Operations/Interviews that were released due to the time elapse (?) of General Manuel Noreiga's capture. The History channel is fascinating as well with top secret missions in WWWI and WWWII.

I recently watched Band of Brothers (entire series), and those soldiers from the 101st(?) Airborne were some brave heroes. Serious and deserving winners of the Medal of Honor for heroism and bravery under terrible battle conditions. Others, you are right, we will never hear about nor be able to truly appreciate their sacrifices.
yeah I really enjoyed Band of Brothers. Better than Saving Private Ryan IMO. :patriot:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts