Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone , i`ve decided to put her back to standard , i have ordered a new seat fairing as mine was not the best , i`ll now pull her apart and get stuck into the rebuild , i was looking at going the rs125gp seat route , but do you know what , she doesnt need it as standard i have convinced myself is fine ,i`ll get one of those chinese rear seat cowls to try as i only ride solo and they do look good , i`ll get her back on the road and used during summer and then over this coming winter , i`ll get the paintwork tidied up and the seat fairing is white not blue , lots of pics as i go

·
Premium Member
2,792 Posts
Will be having a look at your progress, ordered some unpainted for the 929 I'm doing looks quite good (esp for £150) got them from UK delivery , maybe Chinese but good thickness quality, think the pictures are on here somewhere, keep us posted(y)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will do mr pickwick (y) have stripped her down and started to piece back together , the only problem so far is i can t remember how the rectifier was mounted , i know where , but i`m sure there was a plate between the rectifier and frame , but i cant find it , the unpainted tail arrives tomorrow , will post my findings

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i`m sure it was just a square ali plate , nought special , but i could be wrong , i`ve bolted it in position for now :) i`ll get some paste on the way and mount it on a home made plate too in forth coming weeks (y)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the seat unit arrived , 59.99 and ordered yesterday , the fit was to be honest , perfect , every hole lined up a treat , yes the finish isnt honda but from a few feet away its hard to tell ,its also got a yellow patch on the left hand side where this one has sat in the sun , got a tad more wiring to do under the seat and then i can concentrate on the front , am awaiting some stainless screws , and will replace all the screws over time and also keep an eye out for a genuine rear fairing . another great couple of hours working on the bike

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe even have it done for next Monday(lockdowns coming off):)
Oh yes , well nearly , I’ve continued riding ( on another bike ) through out lockdown , it’s my work transportation and there has been some clear roads at times . But looking forward to getting the blade back on the road 👍🏻

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well as the excitement builds , all the wiring at the rear is complete , just gotta finish the front tomorrow and get her tested / fired up . I have checked the oil level tonight as I recalled she uses some , the oil level was smack on the low mark , so topped up to the top mark and will see how much smoke she makes whizzing along 😁 only done a few hundred mile since the last top up , but to be honest , I can’t even remember the last time we went for a spin

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well another good couple of hours on the blade , shes complete except for lower fairings , she runs and everything works as it should , due to work and zero temps ( gritters over the next few nights ) she`ll be back on the road in a couple of weeks and the fact me bolts aint arrived and its raining . 3 miles done since last october , will get a few more during summer

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’m glad now she’s back together , well just about , no bolts today so the fairing sides will remain off for now , looking forward to getting her out now 👍🏻

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Panels washed and ready to be polished , mocked up one side 👍🏻 Gonna have a ring round this week to see if anyone can wrap the seat fairing to the original colour , blue or purple or what ever it be

1 - 20 of 21 Posts