Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
so being unhappy with my re-done front wiring harness , a visit to ebay see`s a replacement on the way . also been laying on my garage floor cleaning the bits underneath that would not normally be gotten too , not cleaning to concourse , just to get the worst off , will spin her around during the week and do the other side , may even pop the rear wheel out to do the insides of the swingarm , back to work tomorrow so progress will slow , we have had hail and snow today , cant wait for spring to return

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
a very pleasant ,yet brisk half an hour cleaning after tea , had some silicone spray come to spray over the already tidy bits , came up a treat they did , using gallons of wd 40 to clean off many years of chain lube ,it was thoroughly rewarding job that i would never normally do , lovely jubbly

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hello everyone , not much to see but I made a gunk bath and all the years of chain lube has been removed from behind all the plastics and on the chain rubber slider , wish I had more room and time but I’m finding it pleasantly therapeutic still , wheel back in next , oh and me replacement clocks harness arrived , so been working/ cleaning the front too

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The back is done , she’s spun round to accept the nose fairing , all being well by this time next week she’ll have been filled up and been for a long shake down run , then it’s fairing on and off we go ............

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
nose is on and everything works , fired her up to burn away some of the silicone overspray , she sounds blooming lovely she do , work permitting i may get her out one evening this week . all connections have received a good coating inside and out with gt85 and silicone , hopefully that will keep the corrosion at bay and help if i get caught out in rain

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
hello all , i`ve picked up another exhaust system for the blade , the headers and valve case were better than mine , but the rear section , what i actually needed is 50/50 condition wise , but for 50 quid i got the lot , the rear didnt actually fit , with all the bottom bolts in place the can sits around an inch to low , i can see some non-honda welds , so as i seem to have become very fussy , this one will do for now , i`ll search for a better rear section in the future ( or i`ll cut and reweld this one and get it chromed ) i believe with the standard rear on the bike , she needs the longer system to look the part , my exhaust putty has gone walk about , so thats leaving me with a tiny bit of blowing down at the valve joint . next up , i must get the blade out for a spin

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
yessssss , at last , she’s out n about , I tell ya what she didn’t miss a beat , the only problem is I can only cover 15 miles between stops , at 32 I had to get off , arrived home with 50 miles done and my neck n wrists are screaming . But hey , it was great fun , she’s nearly 20 year but she still cuts a long well

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
I think the 929 has a little better position for rider than the 954 , or at least that's how it feels to me, but still wish I had kept the 954 as well:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I think the 929 has a little better position for rider than the 954 , or at least that's how it feels to me, but still wish I had kept the 954 as well:rolleyes:
After hooning around on my new S1000R for a week now, I don't know how I managed to put up with the SC28 riding position for as long as I did. The BMW is just so comfortable.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Here it is out in the Cotswolds earlier today.

I still think Honda are missing a trick not producing a similar bike, a Flat barred naked Blade with around 170 bhp and more low down torque would be a winner, like me, most sports bikes riders are getting older, there is a huge market for super-nakeds and the current CB1000R is just a bit boring.
EF5D8B02-69BE-401D-99C7-4DD13BE30F6C.jpeg

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
hello lads , truth be known , i`m in discussions with my local dealer to chop in my daily mt09 and the 954 for a mt10 , i ride 6 days a week and although the blade is good , i`ll be heading back to one bike , very early in talks and will be test riding the mt10 soon hopefully , the only doubt i have with the 10 is how it will cope with snow etc as its a big lump , where as the mt09 had no issues due to being light etc , this is my third mt09 , previous i had 2 x fz1n gen 2`s which i should not have sold , i enjoyed the high speed stability of the fz compared to the mt09 , anyways , not there yet , so we shall see , unsure to put the blade on ebay or send to dealer as yet

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
my daily work horse , 68 plate , set up on a dyno too , really is a great bike , only annoying part is the still high speed instability , currently on S22`s , now they is superb

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Awesome to hear gunk 👍🏻 I got the demo bike next Saturday morning , should be fun 😎

21 - 40 of 65 Posts