Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
120 miles this morning , what a bike , superb handling , superb everything really , comfy , quick ( only going to 6k ) ish . Very very pleased indeed

Registered
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Great photos, did about the same amount of miles on mine this morning, it came home filthy, but it鈥檚 brilliant in the wet, complete planted.

thats awesome gunk , we had a lot of rain yesterday and some hard down pours thrown in , so much crap washed onto the roads , tons of damp patches , but the 10 walked it with ease , the 10 has come with bridgestone s20r tyres , i`m not normally a fan of factory fitted tyres , but these are great , the 10 begins commutting duties in the morning , 6 days a week and rain forecast on several days , gonna be a good test , the stability over the 09 is superb , i am an 09 fan boy , i`ve had 3 and all set up on a dyno , when the 10 is sorted , shes gonna be a corker

Registered
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
hello everyone , 300 miles covered this week , rain and shine , on a run and commuting every day too , this bike is so easy to ride , very tame compared to the MT09 , commuting is easy , not quite as nimble as the 09 when maneuvering around slow traffic , but i`m adjusting to suit . had its first wash to as she was super mucky

Premium Member
It鈥檚 interesting that you find it tame compared with the MT09, I feel the same with my S1000R compared with my old Street Triple 675, it just felt snappy and unpleasant to ride, the BMW is just so sumptuous in comparison, the power delivery and throttle response is so smooth, it makes riding it really relaxing in comparison

Registered
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Hello Gunk , I鈥檝e tried to discuss elsewhere , but people seem blinkered to the 10 ? Yes it鈥檚 fast , but it鈥檚 not that fast . My 09 was certainly quicker off the mark and but impossible to ride smoothly unless in std mode , A mode was border line crap , lethal in winter . But the 10 is so smooth , even before it鈥檚 visited the dyno , this week I have ridden in , pouring rain , painful hail and I even spotted the sun at one point , yet I can leave it in mode 1 which is the silly mode yet it鈥檚 easy to ride even in those conditions , it鈥檚 just so much easier . The handling of the 10 is billion percent better than the 09 , I thought I鈥檇 miss the 09 and the blade , but nope . The 10 I recon is that good , just needs 50 more horses 馃槀 hope this makes sense , nearly at 400 miles I think , 1st service is booked for the 1st June , so should easily cover the 600 miles required , just a shame the weather is so crap

Premium Member
So how are getting on @razz007 are you enjoying the 鈥10?

I love my S1K, definitely the best bike I鈥檝e ever owned, I鈥檝e completely gelled with it, I鈥檝e now done 1500 miles and it鈥檚 just brilliant. Met some pals this morning for a 鈥榮poons breakfast and one of my mates has just bought this monster!

3107FBFE-401F-4AE8-AA1F-14C40E190586.jpeg

Registered
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
hello Gunk , loving the 10 , first good weather today after the week or so`s poxy rain , wind and hail . covered 174 miles today , which for me is unheard of , never been interested in long runs , just quick short blasts normally . so shes done 600 mile or so for her first service tuesday . shes heading to the dyno in july when i got a week off , the 10 is great but it does have issues , theres an annoying step or two in the throttle and it has that fuel cut or what ever its called , and that spoils a smooth ride , but thats me just trying to find a problem , shes a great bike and great fun everytime i ride , you can seriously pratt about , wheelies , jesus , even in 4th , you hit a slight bump and she stands upright , this bikes makes you pratt about , well it does me , i`m getting thru a tank in 80 miles . handling is superb , sounds good de-catted and not to loud .

your pal`s bike looks a proper monster , not many bikes out and about today , not out tomorrow , but got monday off , so will go for another blast

ride safe fella and enjoy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
hello Gunk , sneaked out for a quick hour this morning , but the roads were full , so so busy , so i came home again, i`m gonna head out early in the morning and try again

61 - 73 of 73 Posts