Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

The return of my 954

4K views 73 replies 4 participants last post by  razz007 
#1 ·
hello everyone , i`ve decided to put her back to standard , i have ordered a new seat fairing as mine was not the best , i`ll now pull her apart and get stuck into the rebuild , i was looking at going the rs125gp seat route , but do you know what , she doesnt need it as standard i have convinced myself is fine ,i`ll get one of those chinese rear seat cowls to try as i only ride solo and they do look good , i`ll get her back on the road and used during summer and then over this coming winter , i`ll get the paintwork tidied up and the seat fairing is white not blue , lots of pics as i go

#32 ·
yessssss , at last , she’s out n about , I tell ya what she didn’t miss a beat , the only problem is I can only cover 15 miles between stops , at 32 I had to get off , arrived home with 50 miles done and my neck n wrists are screaming . But hey , it was great fun , she’s nearly 20 year but she still cuts a long well

#35 ·
Here it is out in the Cotswolds earlier today.

I still think Honda are missing a trick not producing a similar bike, a Flat barred naked Blade with around 170 bhp and more low down torque would be a winner, like me, most sports bikes riders are getting older, there is a huge market for super-nakeds and the current CB1000R is just a bit boring.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

#36 ·
hello lads , truth be known , i`m in discussions with my local dealer to chop in my daily mt09 and the 954 for a mt10 , i ride 6 days a week and although the blade is good , i`ll be heading back to one bike , very early in talks and will be test riding the mt10 soon hopefully , the only doubt i have with the 10 is how it will cope with snow etc as its a big lump , where as the mt09 had no issues due to being light etc , this is my third mt09 , previous i had 2 x fz1n gen 2`s which i should not have sold , i enjoyed the high speed stability of the fz compared to the mt09 , anyways , not there yet , so we shall see , unsure to put the blade on ebay or send to dealer as yet

#46 ·
hello Gunk , i had the MT10 demo this morning , its an awesome bit of kit , not as fast as i thought it would be , but i have now purchased and brand new all black 2021 MT10 , collect it next saturday dinner time , the 954 is sold and gone , i need to keep using my MT09 this week , so thats still here till i ride to the dealer next week , during the ride the bike said it was 4 degrees and it rained solid for 45 mins . the bike was great , had pirreli`s on this one . you can tell they are restricted , i`ll get mine run in and then its de-cat and off to the dyno , first off , get the bike and get it run in

#51 ·
i got this pic send recently , yep , a paper photo , i was 6 when i started riding , puch maxi it was , had that for many years, rode a bultaco 380 trials bike as treat on my 8th birthday and when i was 12 i got a DT175 for me birthday , cost a tenner it did , but heres me when i was 19 on my rd250e and brother on his vt250 . something different , hope you dont mind

Land vehicle Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle

#57 ·
Last commute today on the 09 , the 10 arrives tomorrow late as I at work and the weather is horrendous tomorrow , so heading out Sunday to start getting the 10 run in . 180 to insure the 10 fully comp . It’s handy being 50
Bye bye 09 , you did great

#65 ·
Great photos, did about the same amount of miles on mine this morning, it came home filthy, but it’s brilliant in the wet, complete planted.

thats awesome gunk , we had a lot of rain yesterday and some hard down pours thrown in , so much crap washed onto the roads , tons of damp patches , but the 10 walked it with ease , the 10 has come with bridgestone s20r tyres , i`m not normally a fan of factory fitted tyres , but these are great , the 10 begins commutting duties in the morning , 6 days a week and rain forecast on several days , gonna be a good test , the stability over the 09 is superb , i am an 09 fan boy , i`ve had 3 and all set up on a dyno , when the 10 is sorted , shes gonna be a corker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.