Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local shop just got the Rune, like five minutes ago. It's getting taken off the truck as I type this. They'll have it prepped within the hour, so I'll be there to drool (from a respectful, spatter-free distance) and take pics in about an hour

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Haven't paid much attention to the Rune, but I was checking it out in the latest mag. Damn, that's one long, big, heavy, expensive 6 cylinder bike!

Where's that 'this thread is ...' ?

·
Registered
929 Posts
2OHOH2954 : I'll be there to drool (from a respectful, spatter-free distance) and take pics in about an hour
Its much simpler to go HERE if you want pics of the Rune.

I sat on one at the Daytona 200 and they are shhaweet! Pictures do not do the Rune justice. I would opt to get it over a 'Hardley', but otherwise - get a Goldwing and save $8k.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
googolplexu : Quote (showmethebombs @ July 30 2003, 10:25am)I hear they have a promo, you buy one of those and get some assless chaps too!
It sounds like Chain has had a downpayment on his for a few months.  
Eh?

I love the Rune, if I had a bunch of extra coin laying around I'd buy one. Of course, if I did somehow I'd have to grow a beer gut or something, I'm too skinny for the cruiser set.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, here are a few. Keep in mind that it still has the factory coating (cosmoline?).

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The thing's a tank! The camshaft covers and cylinder heads stick way out, more so than I thought. Seating and ergos are surprisingly good. The front end (tip of the headlight) is also faaar away. I'd be worried about riding that beast the first time.

I'd love to have this monster

·
Registered
929 Posts
bitchin'!! Its the right color too! You arent alone in your fear of riding it for the first time. Straight line wouldnt be a problem, but U-turns at an intersection would be interesting.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
God, that is f_cking impressive! Like it or hate it, cruiser lover or cruiser loather, you cannot deny that Mother Honda's got some balls when it comes to putting a curve in the path the industry is currently traveling.

I understand it's one Rune per dealer with many of them pre-sold around the nation. It will be quite interesting to see how long this one lasts.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts