Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, where to start... I bought this bike in April of 1993 after having bought a CBR 600 F2 the month before. I thought I would like it, but all my buddies had GSXR 1100's with a few 750's thrown in for fun. It was more of a crusing type bike than what it is now, thats for sure. Well lets start with a few pictures.

This is not my bike, but exactly as mine was when I brought her home for the first time.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then, I wanted my paint to be different, so sometime in 1994, I painted it like this, got a GSXR 750 front end on it and some Billet Performance Machine wheels.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And, thats how she stayed, pretty much a rarely used street bike for a while. I then moved to Texas, and did a trackday in 1999, and parked her again. Then in 2003, I started doing trackdays regularly in New Mexico.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then, I stopped racing, until 2007 when I dusted off the 900 again to race it in a Modern Vintage class. I think I won every race in that class, that year. This was the result...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Then parked again, until I wanted new bodywork.

So , this was getting painted by my buddy, and owner of the track in New Mexico. You also might notice that now she has PM chicane wheels.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,553 Posts
Well I must say it's about time Mike. :shades:

I've been waiting for your thread. And sorry to ask but it's hard to tell from the photos. I noticed you had what looked to be chrome bits on the bike, was the frame polished or "dipped"? (God I hate to say that) You seem more like a polish guy to me:idunno:

I'm both happy and sad to see this, your race bike is so awesome. I have a tendency to get rather jealous. :rotfl:

Keep it coming. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I must say it's about time Mike. :shades:

I've been waiting for your thread. And sorry to ask but it's hard to tell from the photos. I noticed you had what looked to be chrome bits on the bike, was the frame polished or "dipped"? (God I hate to say that) You seem more like a polish guy to me:idunno:

I'm both happy and sad to see this, your race bike is so awesome. I have a tendency to get rather jealous. :rotfl:

Keep it coming. :thumb:
It was your constant pushing that made me finally post up. :rotfl: but seriously, all the shiny stuff was because I lived in LA, and the track wasn't on my radar, YET! ;)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This whole time, I was buying parts. I found some Marvic wheels, had them checked out, and then off to powder coating also. I also found out that CBR XX rotors bolted right up and are 310mm instead of the small 296mm that was stock

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I started buying everything I could find, I found a set of Magnesium and a set of Aluminum Yoshimura triple clamps, and some Yoshimura rear sets (for $1.00) and sent them off to get anodized. In this picture is also a Penske triple clicker rear shock I found.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Then I set my sight on making a little more power. I bought this stuff, and what isn't in the pictures is a set of Erion cams, ported, polished and decked head, plus the tranny was sent to R-D in Florida to be undercut and whatever else they do to them. The crank is lightened and polished, Carrillo rods, and 2mm over pistons.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts