Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hiked up the Subway with my brothers (minus one) and my dad on Saturday. It was a blast, and as usual in southern Utah, the scenery was beautiful.
For those that don't know, the Subway here is different than the subways in major cities.
Here are a few pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
929_Nupe said:
Cool :thumb:

looks like it was very peaceful
Very much so. It is inside Zion National Park, and they only allow 20 walk-in permits a day into the Subway, so you have to get in line very early. You don't run into very many people there at all.
Here's a link: http://www.nps.gov/zion/Backcountry/LeftFork.htm
The area can't be compared to any other place on earth. Slot canyons are amazingly beautiful and peaceful places, yet can kill you instantly with the slightest bit of rain.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
THE WEB SITE said:
This is a strenuous 9 and one half mile hike requiring rappel skills and 60 feet of rope or webbing. This route also requires swimming through several deep pools of very cold debris filled water. This route begins at the Wildcat Canyon Trailhead and ends at the Left Fork Trailhead.
:eek: It gets cooler by the minute.....

I need to get a new set of friends that do cool shit!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Thanks for the cool pics.

All those guys are your brothers/dad? Pretty cool...not sure I know that many people. :p

My folks make a trip to Zion just about every year. I'd love to see it someday.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dB said:
Thanks for the cool pics.

All those guys are your brothers/dad? Pretty cool...not sure I know that many people. :p

My folks make a trip to Zion just about every year. I'd love to see it someday.
Yep, all those pictured are my brothers and dad. I have seven brothers. We do at least one hike/backpack trip a year together.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Lovely shots & very impressive. Though I can see none of you are actually mountaineers, still who cares for you had a ball & I would like to have been with you.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Smitty said:
Though I can see none of you are actually mountaineers.....
:huh: Don't know where you get that idea. Four of us are mountain rescue certified, have been ski patrol and on Sheriff Search and Rescue teams. One is still a Firefighter/EMS/High angle recue. We have all been outdoorsmen most of our lives, and have no problem hiking/climbing/navigating pretty much any terrain.
If you are talking about not wearing more gear, it's not necessary. It is just a quick day hike, no need for anything other than a small water bladder pack with a few pockets for granola and jerky. The rope really isn't necessary, but we brought it in case some wanted to use it (dad is getting old).
Seriously, this hike is easy enough that any city slicker could do it. It may take them a bit longer, but it's a cake walk.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Can a guy on crutches do it??

Beautiful photos. Who got above to take the pics...or did everyone take turns with the camera??

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Beautiful country! The London Underground this morning to work did not compare, though some would consider it adventurous. The nearest I get is walking the Yorkshire Dales, probably in the rain, which I shall be doing next weekend on our bank holiday. In case of doubt, it's grey and wet today in London :crap: .

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
maxib said:
Can a guy on crutches do it??

Beautiful photos. Who got above to take the pics...or did everyone take turns with the camera??
Sorry, crutches would be a no-go. ;)
I took those pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts