Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, after SEVERAL days of non stop rain (I thought I was in the UK for a while there), the sun came out, if only for so long that I could give Old Red her pre season once over and start up. The carbs were dry all winter and once the bowls were filled she fired on all 4 and is all ready to go.

She’s been really good to me, and it’s only proper that she regain her original faired glory.

So, if anyone knows of some reasonably priced upper race fairings in usable condition I will continue to mod her and hope she can yet make another change, back to “normal”, or as normal as she’ll ever get lol:wink

08CD6363-2810-438A-ACCC-4111016A3F0C.jpeg

F8E2ABC9-EDC2-4BED-8076-11BEF2E8AE41.jpg

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ill keep my eye out.
I usually do a headlight "delete" with a stock fairing.
Let me know if you want the details on that.
Best,

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ian, is the seat skin related to the old, long defunct Second Look outfit? Never heard of a ‘Second’ brand but that brings back memories. Nice looking result on this bike.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Where did you get the one piece tail from? I think I like that idea, especially since my rear center is broken and the only one I've seen is $110.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ian, is the seat skin related to the old, long defunct Second Look outfit? Never heard of a ‘Second’ brand but that brings back memories. Nice looking result on this bike.
Yep, Second Look Seat Skin. I have 2, one on each 900, the same red tapered one.

Where did you get the one piece tail from? I think I like that idea, especially since my rear center is broken and the only one I've seen is $110.
Sharkskiniz fiberglass unit. Old school piece, but can still be found here and there. I think they're made better that the Airtech ones.

Ian, you have the skills to fit some Chinese bodywork, it’s available off the shelf and you’d be able to make it look OEM
Thanks, but when the time comes I will be doing the fiberglass race fairings. If I had a complete upper with headlights and all the proper 2 headlight wires I probably would go Chinese, but then I would have to have it all painted, so probably not lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts