Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

The UAW is doing "REALLY" bad

10K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  .OrgOwner 
#1 ·
#2 ·
The only thing I don't understand is how these auto workers can look decent honest hard-working Americans in the face and beg for more money.

#11 ·
I'm completely against this bailout thing...Let the free market reign. If they can't clean themselves up let them fail. Maybe I wouldn't be against it if all the taxpayers who essentially are buying the big 3 get a car out of the deal. I'll take that Z06 Corvette or challenger SRT-8 right about now.

#14 ·
I'm completely against this bailout thing...Let the free market reign. If they can't clean themselves up let them fail. Maybe I wouldn't be against it if all the taxpayers who essentially are buying the big 3 get a car out of the deal. I'll take that Z06 Corvette or challenger SRT-8 right about now.
I agree, if you are a major corporation and have been in buss. for as long as these have been and you cant be profitable then you deserve to fail,
understanding that people cant buy cars if they don't have jobs. but the big 3 should of had a better plan. as a small business owner you are always looking to make production of the parts you make cheaper and more cost effective as time goes on I have been in in buss. for just under 3 years and when i get a repeat order it's always easier and faster the second time around, the big 3 have had decades to perfect their craft and production lines, so why does it only take a couple of years of profit loss to incinerate them?
the high cost of union labor.

#13 ·
Good Idea Tattoo - we should get free mortgages from the banks as well as cars - in the UK we may bail out Jaguar so a new Jag sounds great. All we need to do is get our governments to bail out Honda - new blades all round - Eurocopter - always wanted a helicopter -

Who would you bail out?

#16 ·
Ok, then if whats said is true. $28.00hr. is not irrational by any means.
American Honda factories pay about $15.00hr. i heard this on a national public radio, news segment.
so my question still remains is the fall of the big 3 directly driven by the fall of sales in the car market?
the high cost of payroll ?(not including retired pay)
the ongoing benefits being payed ?
or the corporate aholes?

#24 ·
The thing about the Keith Olberman piece is that he distorts the truth. The truth is that for every hour of labor that produces a car, the cost is $72. That is a cost whether the current worker is getting the benefit or not, that is the cost.

I have 15 employees under me. The highest paid employee makes around the $24 per hour range. The actual cost to the city is more like the $30. Not that big of a jump. So there is something in the numbers that Mr. Olberman is trying to dismiss.

I think there is a link between businesses failing and the impact that labor unions have had. There was a time when the unions did one heck of good thing for the American workforce. I think that time has passed. I wonder if the steel industry would still be around if there would have been some more concessions along the way.

I am all for letting them go through the bankruptcy process. We have a law against what the administration is doing. Actually it is a constitutional amendment. It refers to offering equal protection to all citizens. So where was the federal government when the last small business failed? Why didn't they come in and save them? Where was their bailout? Why are the auto makers treated separately from the rest of the country?

This whole thing stinks like communism! McCarthy is doing handsprings in his grave!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.