Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is hearing your baby grinding up the road :crying:

I was on my way to work this morning, I pulled up at a roundabout and stopped to wait for a gap in the traffic. I inched forward a tad to bring me closer to the white lines and stopped again as there was still traffic coming round the roundabout...... and the next thing I know I'm shooting out on to the roundabout and and me and my bike are going down :eek:

The car behind me thought I was going out on to the roundabout (inspite of the traffic coming round it!!!) and drove into my rear wheel and propelled me out into the traffic :eek: As I was going down I was thinking "Feck, I hope nothing hits me" and luckily nothing did..

A lady dived out of her car and told me not to move and called the police and the ambulance but a passing ambulance stopped too.. They checked me all over and I'm fine-ish.. I reckon my knee is gonna develop some lovely bruises and I think I've pulled a muscle in my back but other than that was more shaken up than anything..

Initial reaction was "IS MY BIKE OK?????????" :O "WHERE'S MY BIKE?????" :O

Damage to my baby seems to be a bent rear brake lever, and possibly the mounting for it (need to check her over properly).. The crash bung on that side looks a tad knackered but protected my fairings from everything but a few extra scrapes.. And part of the engine casing is worn away at the bottom...

Both me and my baby came away relatively unscathed thankfully..

Reactions: Surffrog

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Re: The Worse Sound In The World...

Glad you are OK-ish Could have been ugly getting boosted into traffic :eek:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Glad you are OK-ish Could have been ugly getting boosted into traffic :eek:
Thank you.. and yes it could have been nasty as thats the roundabout where all the traffic comes off the motorway, so there's tons of cars and lorrys using it at that time of the morning :crying:

·
Registered
2,533 Posts

At least you did not get seriously hurt. Did the police find the driver that hit you at fault?

·
Registered
20,980 Posts

Get yourself thoroughly checked out Loopy. Someone did that to me at a roundabout many years ago and i JUST got on with life....turns out I had pulled a muscle on the inside of my shoulder blade...knew nothing about it as I thought I had some aches and pains...understandably. But nowadays I get allsorts of back related probs from it.
So check it out and claim if you have to.

Glad that you're good ...on the whole as it could have been a lot worse on a busy roundabout. And the bike is always repairable hun :kiss:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Get yourself thoroughly checked out Loopy. Someone did that to me at a roundabout many years ago and i JUST got on with life....turns out I had pulled a muscle on the inside of my shoulder blade...knew nothing about it as I thought I had some aches and pains...understandably. But nowadays I get allsorts of back related probs from it.
So check it out and claim if you have to.

Glad that you're good ...on the whole as it could have been a lot worse on a busy roundabout. And the bike is always repairable hun :kiss:
Thanks Jazzy...

I'll see how I feel in the morning and go from there..

The roundabout was the one beside the pub where we had our meet back in the summer :crap:

·
Registered
737 Posts

Ouch!!

1st .... very glad to hear you are ok for the most part. Please don't skimp on getting checked out. A lot of long term stuff doesn't come up till well after an accident. I got the bad knee to prove it!!

2nd .... sounds like the bike was minor damage and as we all know SSB doesn't have anything worth while to work on so he should be able to devote full time and attention to your baby!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts

Geez Loopy, glad your OK, well OK'ish. AS everyone has already said, get to the Doc's and get every nigle checked out as any related injuries can take a while to show. There's also the damage to the bike, I hope he's insured.

·
Registered
20,980 Posts

Thanks Jazzy...

I'll see how I feel in the morning and go from there..

The roundabout was the one beside the pub where we had our meet back in the summer :crap:
WOW !! You were VERY lucky then Loops as that roundabout was always busy ALL throughout the day!!
Get ya Dr to send you to a physio, they will tell you exactly whats up if anything. I had this about 10 years ago, sat at a junction in a car and WALLOP the guy drove into the back of me. I had whiplash, but also restricted movement in my neck when I turn to the right which is'nt so pronounced nowadays. I had 1,700.00 pounds for that, all those years ago.
Worth looking into hun, you only got one of you:)

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Ouch!!
1st .... very glad to hear you are ok for the most part. Please don't skimp on getting checked out. A lot of long term stuff doesn't come up till well after an accident. I got the bad knee to prove it!!
Thanks JS :D
2nd .... sounds like the bike was minor damage and as we all know SSB doesn't have anything worth while to work on so he should be able to devote full time and attention to your baby!!!!!
I told him what you said... :hmm: He didn't seem very impressed though and started muttering under his breath. Dunno why, your suggestion seemed perfectly reasonable to me.. :idunno:
Geez Loopy, glad your OK, well OK'ish. AS everyone has already said, get to the Doc's and get every nigle checked out as any related injuries can take a while to show. There's also the damage to the bike, I hope he's insured.
Seems he was insured, thankfully.. I've already spoken to my insurance company today to get the ball rolling..

WOW !! You were VERY lucky then Loops as that roundabout was always busy ALL throughout the day!!
Get ya Dr to send you to a physio, they will tell you exactly whats up if anything. I had this about 10 years ago, sat at a junction in a car and WALLOP the guy drove into the back of me. I had whiplash, but also restricted movement in my neck when I turn to the right which is'nt so pronounced nowadays. I had 1,700.00 pounds for that, all those years ago.
Worth looking into hun, you only got one of you:)
Thankfully there is only one of me.. I don't think people could cope if there were more :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Twice of you, twice the pleasure.....oooo did I say that outloud:eek::evilaugh:
ermmm... yes.... :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts