Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red Rider said:
They've been on the streets around here for awhile. The red looks sweet! :thumb:

you get lucky in your area seeing the new rides. the rest of us have to suffer to see them. i cant wait for the z06 :crying:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
According to my info from NCM (National Corvette Museum which is located right across the street from the plant) Will Cooksey (the head dude at the Corvette assembly plant in Bowling Green Ky, and whom I had the pleasure to meet and talk with during an elevator ride...that's another story) ahem...according to my info, Will said 70 C6 Corvettes are ready for transport to dealers.

Dave Hill said this will be a great Corvette. Actually, I believe it. The preliminary numbers on the street C6 are very close to the present C5 Z06. This is remarkable. The C6 version of the Z06 won't come out for at least another year, and that car will be really amazing according to Dave.

As far as what I think...?
I'm keeping my C5 Z06...but I might buy my wife a C6 Z06!!!

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Sorry for the Threadjack...but I was in a stealer this weekend, saw the sticker on one of those SSR's.... :sless:

I had not idea they were so proud of those... :huh:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
bubba said:
you get lucky in your area seeing the new rides. the rest of us have to suffer to see them. i cant wait for the z06 :crying:
I guess I do take it for granted that we get first looks at the newest models. Some of the local Big Three execs bring the cars home for testing long before they get released to the dealers. Being in the auto industry myself, I've had a few sneek peaks of cars that were still in development. I'll never forget the day I saw 3 Vipers roll through town before the launch of the first model. Traffic stopped everywhere to gawk!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Maxib, a two 'vette family? in all that snow?

Red Rider, I was diving back from Pentwater yesterday and saw five new mustangs doing the engineer convoy. I have to say, they loooked better in the auto show than they did on the road.. :idunno:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
When I went up to the Redwoods on my Goldwing, the only asshole who was completely in my lane on a mountain road was an old man in a brand new vette (Yellow BTW). I HATE THEM! Just like the "Hollywood Harley", the "Prostrated Vette" owner is a freakin' joke!

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
dad's got a 2000 C5 6 spd.

This new car is awesome. Looks so much shorter (and it is). I think its completely insane, car looks great, goes great and catch this, its CHEAPER...

Anyone see the vid floating around the net from britain where they tested it and they complained the entire time about a form of leaf springs on the suspension? They totally dog on it till they start comparing lap times... :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts