Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well a buddy of mine took these sequence shots on lap 1 and 2 of the F40 race--this was BEFORE I started doing weird shit--my buddy/nemesis/trackday bud is the guy on the Orange leathers/R1 in PIC #5

The Novice R6 was the next lap--he was the contender for Top Novice along w/ZX-10R Dennis

Anyway I love Honda brakes, speciall with the Vesrah SRJL pads. I thought LTL would appreciate this cuz he was giving me shit fo NOT doing more of it in FP

Attachments

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
:rotfl:

You asked me for help in 9...so I told ya. ;)

Cool sequence btw! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Excellent, Ho!

Inclined as I am to root for anyone in orange leathers, I have to give you props for a ballsy move there. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Fantastic photos! That must have been a blast dicing with everyone on the track. Send more please, Sir!

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
ND4SPD said:
How does the ram air work with the ram air holes plugged in the plastics? Or does the 1krr not have ram air? :huh:

I don't think it has ram air. Even the superbikes (last year anyway) had them plugged like that.

Another thing that pisses me off about honda. They seem to be focusing on "show and no go" sometimes. A la underseat exhaust.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
They seem to be focusing on "show and no go" sometimes. A la underseat exhaust.
Not sure, but this could be related to them selling road bikes...I know, I'm on a limb here...but work with me... :p

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I think the last pic is my fav, the front fender is tucked nicley up under the nose, hard on the brakes. :thumb:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
The ram air intake on the 1000RR is under the triple clamp near the radiator. The front vents are for airflow past the rider, although some superbike teams don't seem to like that airflow.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
BDA116 said:
The ram air intake on the 1000RR is under the triple clamp near the radiator. The front vents are for airflow past the rider, although some superbike teams don't seem to like that airflow.
Interesting. Thanks for the correction.

HD

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BDA116 said:
THis is correct--tigert runs the extended HRC snorkel on his "ama bike"--it sticks out about 1/2" from under the fairing--this is what the factory AMA bikes run--Its hella expensive, and Jeff wasnt so sure about the benefits as he doesnt run one on his AFM/Superstock bike

·
Registered
306 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
Another thing that pisses me off about honda. They seem to be focusing on "show and no go" sometimes. A la underseat exhaust.
Underseat exhaust: no muffler-clearance issues or expensive (Ti) muffler damage from minor low-sides (pretty nice in tracked bikes without insurance) + slightly improved aerodynamics. It is not just bling bling IMHO.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Heavy-Dee said:
I don't think it has ram air. Even the superbikes (last year anyway) had them plugged like that.

And why did Rossi go faster on the RCV211 whenst he had them disconnect the RAM air??? He said it hindered high speed turn-in. Not running side ducts, ala GSXR1, in arguably a better way to do ram air--see Abtec for details.

Your "all-show-no-go" statement in waaaaaaaay off base, talk to the Gixxer guys about their shitty brakes (that may have been solved by using--the exact same set up as the 1000RR on the K5)--I agree that Honda gives away free power by running lower comp ratios--but thats so your guys street bikes will last forever, and you can save $0.10 a gallon at the pump. When a serious racebike (class rules permiting) whether its a Suzuki, Kawi, or Honda will deck the head to get a 13:1+ comp ratio--then things start evening out in the HP dept, and although difficult to set up--the 1000RR has a waay better complete handling package then any bike, cept arguably the K5 GSXR. And I am sure we'll see some interesting improvements in the '06 1000RR.

Personally i reall appreciate the underseat exhaust as my bike has been down 3x and the $1,600 Arata has yet to sustain a single scratch--Honda made their exhaust work--the hard way--Kudos

1 - 18 of 18 Posts