Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my wife's F4 in Feb after we were pregnant, and now it is time to get her a replacement...I know the F4i is a proven bike...and very strong and reliable, but I was thinking of getting her a newer bike so that she can keep it longer. But I am a bit unsure of buying the RR, due to the first year production, and smoking issues from the exhaust, and mystery delay at release time.

Any comments?? Opinions???

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ND4SPDSHO : Buy the RR, you'll love it.  I guarantee you you'll be spending more time on it then your 'Blade
I rode the RR trough the gap, and did enjoy it...but the F4i is cheaper, and a bit more comfy. Did you have any problems with your RR?? Did you get smoke out of the exhaust??

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
I've had no problems to speak of. It does smoke a littlebit, which I thought was oil burning, but it's not, it's just the extra fuel. Remember, it does have 8 fuel injectors. I've had no comfort issues either. I went on a 4 day, 1300 mile ride and had no problems at all. I admit, the seat is a bit on the harder side, but it's not as bad as my 929 was. Trust me, go with the RR. Check out 600rr.net for more info on them.

·
Registered
453 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : I've had no problems to speak of.  It does smoke a littlebit, which I thought was oil burning, but it's not, it's just the extra fuel.  Remember, it does have 8 fuel injectors.  I've had no comfort issues either.  I went on a 4 day, 1300 mile ride and had no problems at all.  I admit, the seat is a bit on the harder side, but it's not as bad as my 929 was.  Trust me, go with the RR.  Check out 600rr.net for more info on them.
1st I have heard of the smoking. What color is it and when does it do it? I would figure Honda to map it on the lean side from the factory.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ND4SPDSHO : Black and when I'm laying into it...
That should not be normal...right?

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
ND4SPDSHO :  Dealer checked it out, and they said it was fine so I'm not worried about it anymore.
That is good that you had the dealer check it out, but I would insist on a good explanation regarding the smoking. It just seems very odd that Honda would intentially tune an engine that would do that. I don't remember whether or not you've mentioned in the past, but did you buy the extended warranty?

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Bacchus : I don't remember whether or not you've mentioned in the past, but did you buy the extended warranty?
Not yet. I still have 'til July to decide. I never buy it initially 'cuz I never know how long I'm gonna keep the bike

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And how tall are you guys with the 600? Do you have a problem of your knee getting in the way and touch the fairing too much?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And what is good price...and what is a cheap price for a used 600RR?? Is 5,000 a deal or is that just ok?

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
I've seen them being sold for mid 7's. I couldn't get mine for a penny under MSRP. 5k is a steal, granted the bike is in good shape. Check out 600rr.net, they pop up for sale quite often

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Having rode a 600RR at jenningsGP yesterday, I can without hesitation tell you to get the 600RR.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : You like, eh?
I rode jetblast10's, it had a penske rear, other than that, it was stock... The thing has a ton of motor. I ran 3rd gear the entire length of the track and I equalled my best time on MY RC51 with it... Several places on the track I was waiting for the revs to build, which meant if I would have been on the shifter, I would have been even faster. I haven't ridden in 3 months and in only one session I was able to do match my best time. Very light bike, able to keep it pinned through all the kinks at that track, something I couldn't do on the RC51...

Yeah, its a great little bike...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
ccwilli3 : I equalled my best time on MY RC51 with it...  I haven't ridden in 3 months and in only one session I was able to do match my best time
Whoa

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2OHOH2954 : Quote (ccwilli3 @ Oct. 20 2003, 1:58pm)I equalled my best time on MY RC51 with it...  I haven't ridden in 3 months and in only one session I was able to do match my best time
Whoa
So, when are you selling that pig of an RC???

1 - 20 of 37 Posts