Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Link

These guys are getting sicker every year. I have watched the Xgames every year since I can remember and the tricks and danger get elevated every year. I never thought I would see a backflip on a motorcycle, much less a backflip w/ variation, completely sick!!!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
That's pretty cool.

The backflip to backflip Metzger did was more impressive to me than this though.

·
Registered
595 Posts
These guys are nuts! How do they practice this sh1t, and survive long enough to actually perform?

·
Registered
682 Posts
What a change from the late 40s & early 50s as I earned good money in going through wooden walls on fire, ramp to fire walls & ram again, or so called outhouses with someone still inside. Everyone thought that was great.
What we are seeing now is simply to extreme.
Reminds me of when some of my buddies dreamed up this idea that I whould ride through bales of stray set on fire & a tunnel under & beside them. I turned down that crazy one down without question.
Only a few yrs later I saw where a Brit did the same & of all things he came roaring around the the front entrance again & went into the flames, to never make it. Why the second try one never knows -------- so there were crazier fools then myself & obviously crazier ones in this time of life.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
pczach : These guys are nuts! How do they practice this sh1t, and survive long enough to actually perform?  
Foam pits.

Mac, a 360 is harder than a backflip heelclicker, so that would be something!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Smitty : What a change from the late 40s & early 50s as I earned good money in going through wooden walls on fire,
Dude, I love your stories.  

I'm glad you're here.    

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Bacchus : Good question ratter.  

If I remember correctly, you Aussies are the ones that measure driving distances in stubbies, instead of hours  
I'm not such a big beer drinker myself, but if coxy was still posting on here, he could tell you all driving distances converted to how many stubbies, i.e home to work is a 2 stubbie trip

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
those guys are just sick! just when you think the bar has been raised with nothing more to risk....BAM............they take it to another level!

Just plain SICK I say!

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
luvtolean : Quote (pczach @ Aug. 08 2003, 4:22pm)These guys are nuts! How do they practice this sh1t, and survive long enough to actually perform?  
Foam pits.
But still, imagine the first time you tried one of those over good old terra firma . I have to admit, those guys have my respect, in a warped sorta way.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just got back from Disneyland last week, and they were doing the Big Air shows down there gearing up for the X-games. All those guys are very impressive, but Mike Metzger is just a notch above all of them. He is freakin amazing, and just makes it look so easy. He was doin no hand flips and heal clicker flips during the show.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts