Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever tried to cancel an online service or a subscription? Know how they try to get you to keep it? You are not going to believe this crap!! Listen to this a**hole from AOL trying to torment this poor bastard into keeping his subscription. This is crazy! I would kill this guy! :rockets:

YouTube - AOL Interview

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Yeah, this has been going on for a lonnnnggggg time. Someone was just smart enough to record it and get it on Digg, which got the TV networks interested.

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
navydevildoc said:
Yeah, this has been going on for a lonnnnggggg time. Someone was just smart enough to record it and get it on Digg, which got the TV networks interested.
You're right Navy.....I'm glad that fu**er got fired too. I had a similar incident with my local cable company. I called to inquire about an outage and for no reason (hehehe) the woman on the other end of the line began to say I was acting "irrational" and I was "screaming" at her. I told her that she had never heard screaming until I started.....at that point, she slammed the phone down. I called back and got her manager on the phone. He told me that he would "look into it". You know what that means.......:thumbd: :thumbd:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
You've got to have your head in the sand if you think that the guy was doing anything other than EXACTLY what AOL has trained him to do. First off, I don't believe AOL when they said they fired him. But if they did, he was simply a scapegoat.

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nedro said:
You've got to have your head in the sand if you think that the guy was doing anything other than EXACTLY what AOL has trained him to do. First off, I don't believe AOL when they said they fired him. But if they did, he was simply a scapegoat.
Oh...I agree. :plus1:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Custom900 said:
I would almost be willing to guarantee that the AOL consultants are working commission.
Most likely more of a scoreboard deal. I worked in IT for the largest office products company in the US years ago, every pen order is a line item they have one of the largest database structures in the world but I digress... They had a huge scoreboard in their call centers (much like a baseball scoreboard) which listed highest number of calls, best sales, etc... but they also had the lowest scorers on the list and all employees got bonuses on this plus everyone would see if you were the one that dropped the ball, doesn't lead to very good customer service when you want to cancel/return something. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I tried AOL when I first got a PC years ago, you know the free trial. Called after about a week to cancel and they told me that they had to bill my card for 2 months of service for some reason they made up. I called my bank and told them and they said that they would not get any of my money and that it happens all the time.

I did not listen to the above, but I can just guess what it was like.

If crap like that happens report it to the BBB, or it will never get better.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ok now I watched the video and I had pretty much the same problem but worse, and ended up just telling them that I was calling my bank so I did not care what they did.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts