Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my bro just sent me some pictures from where he is living in Trinidad. The kid is 16 and having a blast...

Living here is not bad...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And my dad has it rough in his retirement...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But Carnival is not all fun and games.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My eyes! You bastard! Label that last pic with a warning, man!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Err... I warned you it wasn't all fun and games...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trinidad is the most southern island in the Caribbean.  The weather there is always between 25 and 32celcius (roughly 80F) and hasn't been hit by a hurricane in decades.  I have several hundred pics from when Iwas there over x-mas... beautiful.

As far as how one ends up living there.  My folks retired and since we all agreed my mom shouldn't stop working because she'd nag everyone to death, she should pick up a job.  Sooo... a private school down there hired her as 2nd in command and now they are paying her a salary (on top of her pension up here) as well as for their house, car and my brothers tuition which is about $15000 for one year of high school!  Sweet gig.  With all the vacation, time off and general free time they travel around...  Very sweet gig.

*sigh*  And here I am in Toronto slaving away.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think so... they've been trying to sell me and my sister off for years.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
So thats what you'll look like when you're older. ( as if you're not a spitting image of your dad already!! )

I'm jealous ( but not of the third pic)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MACI4LIFE : So thats what you'll look like when you're older. ( as if you're not a spitting image of your dad already!! )

I'm jealous ( but not of the third pic)
Dammit. You're right. I'm going to look like that when I'm an old fart. He actually gained a tonne of weight after he turned 50... hahaha, hard to believe eh?

As for being jealous... anytime you want to go down there, you've got a place to stay. They've got an extra (large) spare room and they've offered it to my friends anytime for free. My dad will take y'all around to the sites too. haha, explorer that he is he's found quite a few cool places.

(Bikes are few and far between down there though... oddly)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts