Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear brakes are out and I don't know why, but I'm going to fix it tomorrow. Anywho, there are three lines that drop down under the seat just in front of the rear shock. One is loose. Does anyone have an idea as to what these lines lead to and from?

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
the 2 of them yes, they hang through the little opening in the bottom of the fairing. the fuel line is the overflow (if you have a deent amount of fuel in the tank and you lift the tank back it will leak) and the coolant is the overflow for when you overheat and the coolant boils out of the overflow tank. no idea what the 3rd line you have is though, check around under the tank (on the fuel pump) to see if any spots are missing the line that should be attached there.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Are you positive your real brake is completely out and not just weak? Rear brakes are nearly nonexistent on most sportbikes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ND4SPD said:
Are you positive your real brake is completely out and not just weak? Rear brakes are nearly nonexistent on most sportbikes.
If they are nearly nonexistent, then perhaps it is not out, but rather it simply doesn't engage the brake light. The brake itself seemed extremely weak, perhaps not even functioning. The brake light only illuminated when the front brake is engaged, but not with the rear. I'm going to look over it today when I clean the bike and lube the chain. Perhaps I'll figure something out. :huh:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
2 vent hoses, 1 electrical wire rear brake switch
doct0rxnick said:
If they are nearly nonexistent, then perhaps it is not out, but rather it simply doesn't engage the brake light. The brake itself seemed extremely weak, perhaps not even functioning. The brake light only illuminated when the front brake is engaged, but not with the rear. I'm going to look over it today when I clean the bike and lube the chain. Perhaps I'll figure something out. :huh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts