Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- What is the piece called at the end of the bars where the bar ends are supposed to thread in? That peice is missing off of the throttle side, planning on buying a new throttle sleeve but dont know what the threaded peice is called, cant even thread my bar end on the throttle side yet because of the missing threads. Its just an empty hole right now.

i'm thinkiing its part #'s 8,10 & 11 - -

My bike had been wrecked and the throttle sleeve is broken at the end, could this cause a sticky throttle ?? or can oiling it help.

- Do i have to detach the throttle cable completely to oil it? I can pull back on the throttle and it slowly...very slowly will rotate back forward. I can manually twist it back forward but i dont think it is supposed to stick like this. Thinking when i let off throttle it should freely spin forward.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
The handlebar weight? Not to be confused with the bar end.

A broken sleeve is one possibility, I would look at the entire throttle cable system.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok ya thats what i was thinking, the bar weight and not the bar end. I have aftermarket bar ends. Planning on changing the sleeve and buying the bar weight and other parts to fix the bar. Should have on the road in a few weeks.

Would post pics but dont know how....

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
If the sleeve is damaged and or the clip just inside(if i remember correctly) is in similar shape it can cause the throttle to stick. This happened on my 600 few years back.

Looking at your findings, on mine 10 and 11 all seperated in the crash from 8. So i had to replace the lot as it kept fouling up in side and causing the throttle to stick ON. Wasn't helpfull for stopping :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
cut my grip off and all i have is the bar, missing parts 8,10,11 & 12

Not too bad can get the whole lot for around $35 from dealer or $25 off of internet

Cutting the grip off helped with the throttle sticking as well, road it around the block a couple times and it only stuck once without a grip. Hoping the throttle sleeve will correct this problem.

One more question -- Can i adjust the clutch line from the motor side so my clutch is pulled halfway in. Right now its adjusted so far out i can barely reach with my hands ( giving me cramps )

Here's some pics of the bike from the day i bought it, looks better in the pics than in person.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
cut my grip off and all i have is the bar, missing parts 8,10,11 & 12

Not too bad can get the whole lot for around $35 from dealer or $25 off of internet

Cutting the grip off helped with the throttle sticking as well, road it around the block a couple times and it only stuck once without a grip. Hoping the throttle sleeve will correct this problem.

One more question -- Can i adjust the clutch line from the motor side so my clutch is pulled halfway in. Right now its adjusted so far out i can barely reach with my hands ( giving me cramps )

Here's some pics of the bike from the day i bought it, looks better in the pics than in person.

check the throttle tube inside the house where the cables connect. when I crashed I check mine, put it all back together and it was pinching the tube cause the throttle to stick. turned out I bent the pin inside the housing that goes into the bar to keep it from rotating around the bar.

yes you can adjust the clutch done by the clutch cover. That end will give bigger adjustments than the lever end. just make sure you have the correct adjustment when you're done. the clutch should start to engage when the lever is about 1/4inch out from the bar.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thx, right now i have to let the clutch almost all the way out for it to engage. will check the housing later tonight, hope its something easy like that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
On my 1000rr my right bar end spins and its never been crashed. It feels like its threaded into the weight but something at the other end is broken. How do you remove the weight and clip?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hondatech.info has downloads of service manuals for honda bikes.

for the f4 its a 93 mb file. dont know about the 1000r

1 - 10 of 10 Posts