Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with an '08 or '09 1000RR experienced initial throttle response issues and/or vagueness with initial steering? I have a new '08 I purchased a couple of months ago and progressively it's gotten worse where I've had it stall a few times at a stop and I've compensated by feeding more RPM. The bike also feels overly sensitive to turn in where it feels like it's falling into turns which I'm sure is partly due to the aggressive geometry. The throttle is most problematic as I can never tell how it will react to initial throttle which isn't confidence inspiring. I've never had this issue with past CBR or other bikes.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
might have to take a trip to the dealer, your idle should be set between 750 and 1000. gives you some room to adjust.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I haven't really looked at the idle now that you mention it from sound it always sounds very low when I first start it up and let it warm up for awhile. I'll have to start it and view the idle. I've looked around and didn't see an idle adjuster like my 600CBR has, does it have one? I'll have to look at the manual. In any case I'll be bringing the bike to the dealer to have them check it out soon. So far I'm quite disappointed in this bike, I hope it's an easy fix.

Thanks.

might have to take a trip to the dealer, your idle should be set between 750 and 1000. gives you some room to adjust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts