Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting in a new engine but using the old throttle body. I have found that there is a chunk broken off the throttle body. I have the piece, it was poorly attached before by some knock off jbweld.

My question is, can I jbweld it back together and have no problems with it? or is it a crucial place that I shouldn't fix it, I should just get another throttle body? I have the missing chunk and I think I could get it to fit back in, but is it very bad to fix it there? Attached is a pic of it.

thanks in advance.

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac138/smittypig244/954/throttlebodychunk.jpg

·
Registered
900 Posts
Good pic, as long as you use a good ally bond, and you get a seal on the air box it should be ok. If it was me i would give it a go, if it fails its no biggy to replace it...

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
This looks like the area where the airbox is fitted. Structurally it doesn't do much I believe. The key is just getting it sealed so dirty air doesn't come through. Maybe once it's in place you can put some good silicone sealer in there. I don't even think I'd bother with the piece that came out unless the opening is too large and then just silicone it all in.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys. When you say a good ally bond, do you think JB weld would do the trick? or do you recommend something else? Or should I just use a good silicone sealer?

·
Registered
900 Posts
i use a product called revell alluminum weld, its great gear, will even seal a hole in a engine block, not sure if you can get it over there or even here, had it over twenty years, used last bit to weld a mirror back on to a friends alfa, worked a treat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts