Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. First time to post-hope I'm making sense.

Here's the situation: I was ridding (70-80) on highway in 3rd gear, then all of a sudden the throttle boggs and I CANNOT accelerate anymore... shifted down and it died. Pulled over, started it back up and wen't on my way... Later it did it again and it wouldn't start again. Replaced the battery: now it cranks buy will not bust/turn over. When I turn the key to "on" everything lights up with the red light on the dash on.

Can someone please help:
-Chase

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Sounds like a fuel starvation issue.

Might you have had a recent bad fill of fuel? Crap in the tank maybe?

If it's a fuel injected model, there's a diagnostic code for the blinking engine light.

If it's a carb model, you might have success draining the fuel bowls by release the bottom screw.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try to empty the fuel and refill with higher quality fuel. Would that make it not turn over as well?

Thank you for your help too!

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,607 Posts
Hi everyone. First time to post-hope I'm making sense.

Here's the situation: I was ridding (70-80) on highway in 3rd gear, then all of a sudden the throttle boggs and I CANNOT accelerate anymore... shifted down and it died. Pulled over, started it back up and wen't on my way... Later it did it again and it wouldn't start again. Replaced the battery: now it cranks buy will not bust/turn over. When I turn the key to "on" everything lights up with the red light on the dash on.

Can someone please help:
-Chase
F4, F4i, or RR?

It could be vapor lock, water in the fuel, a bad connection somewhere, ignition problem, charging issues (as Gunk mentioned). Any other issues, circumstances we should know about?

·
Registered
27 Posts
F4, F4i, or RR?

It could be vapor lock, water in the fuel, a bad connection somewhere, ignition problem, charging issues (as Gunk mentioned). Any other issues, circumstances we should know about?
I agree with Ian Doohan, it could be any of the mentioned issues. Just try isolating one by one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts