Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed new throttle cables. I did everything correctly. Routed everything the way it should be. The throttle doesn't return. It has no snap:icon_shrug:. I couldn't find any threads on installing throttle cables...Any advice would be appriciated!
I ride a 1996 900RR.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I installed new throttle cables. I did everything correctly. Routed everything the way it should be. The throttle doesn't return. It has no snap:icon_shrug:. I couldn't find any threads on installing throttle cables...Any advice would be appriciated!
I ride a 1996 900RR.

Are the cables too tight perhaps?
Are the screws in the throttle housing too tight?
Is the grip rubbing against the end weight or throttle housing?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I ride a 1996 900RR.
I just did this too on 929 and the throttle was sticky initially. I removed them, poured some assembly lube down the tubes and now they're like butter!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for advice guys! I figured it out. As many of you know. The 1996 900RR model, is equiped with a push/pull cable system. The push cable was the problem. Routing had nothing to do with it.
After getting advice from my mechanic buddy, we figured out that after market throttle push cables can be a problem. My only dissapointment is that the faulty cable was made by, MOTION PRO. One of my favorite cable makers. Top of the line in my book. Sh#% happens, I guess!
Well, after pulling my hair out and kicking and screaming, LoL. I re-installed the old push and walla, it works...My buddy (M.C.Mechanic) shared his opinion. He said, "sometimes those push cables get in the way, I just toss them". Well, I decided it's something I can live without and tossed mine in the garbage. I actually feel less friction without two cables and a snappier feeling. Running Great!!! One Pull Cable.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thanx for advice guys! I figured it out. As many of you know. The 1996 900RR model, is equiped with a push/pull cable system. The push cable was the problem. Routing had nothing to do with it.
After getting advice from my mechanic buddy, we figured out that after market throttle push cables can be a problem. My only dissapointment is that the faulty cable was made by, MOTION PRO. One of my favorite cable makers. Top of the line in my book. Sh#% happens, I guess!
Well, after pulling my hair out and kicking and screaming, LoL. I re-installed the old push and walla, it works...My buddy (M.C.Mechanic) shared his opinion. He said, "sometimes those push cables get in the way, I just toss them". Well, I decided it's something I can live without and tossed mine in the garbage. I actually feel less friction without two cables and a snappier feeling. Running Great!!! One Pull Cable.
Um, that push cable is a safety feature. You may find yourself not living long without it if your throttle sticks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts