Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 954 and when moving the bike either forward or backward there is a constant 'thud sound' when the rear wheel is moved either forward or backward. It seems to be coming from the front sprocket but I am not entirely sure. There are no obvious places where anything is touching the rear wheel or brake disc. Does anyone else get this sound or has anyone else managed to get rid of it? Thanks

Sam

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Do you have a rear stand? If so, put the bike up and spin the rear wheel and see if you can pinpoint where the noise is coming from. Have you removed the rear wheel recently?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Check your chain. It could be stretched and rolling on top of the sprockets or rear wheel could be missaligned and side loading the chain.

·
Registered
502 Posts
samsblade said:
I have a 954 and when moving the bike either forward or backward there is a constant 'thud sound' when the rear wheel is moved either forward or backward. It seems to be coming from the front sprocket but I am not entirely sure. There are no obvious places where anything is touching the rear wheel or brake disc. Does anyone else get this sound or has anyone else managed to get rid of it? Thanks

Sam
Or, it could be a wheel bearing gone bad.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Txs for the messages, The sound isnt rotational ie. it comes on about 3-4 times when I move the rear wheel but there is no constant 'phase' between the sound. I am going to take the caliper off, the all the plastic gubbins to see if it makes a difference. sam

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its gone now after cleaning the rear caliper and underneath the front sprocket cover. I have no idea what it was but at least its gone

thanks

sam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts