99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i stop the engine on by blade i here this ticking/cracking sounds
is that the engine cooling down ?

thanks

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Metal contracts as it cools, making that sound. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys
i have a 929 , '01, with stock exhaust .
i listened more careful and the front brake discs seems to be the source of sound

·
Registered
316 Posts
thanks guys
i have a 929 , '01, with stock exhaust .
i listened more careful and the front brake discs seems to be the source of sound
Highly doubtful. Th crackling sound from ur headers is being thrown to th front, especially if u have full fairings, making it seem like th sound is emanating from ur brakes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Some one burning out the pop corn ?? ........ meh, my 929rr does the same noises, its cool down, I dont think there is nothing wrong with your bike, but if you are curious track the noise, exhaust, engine, coolant pump, most likely is the exhaust pipes.
cheers

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Highly doubtful. Th crackling sound from ur headers is being thrown to th front, especially if u have full fairings, making it seem like th sound is emanating from ur brakes.
:plus1:

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's your engine cooling down.... Every car and bike makes this sound.. I thought everyone knew this?
No one is born with this knowledge. This is th OP's first encounter with this n was curious. Nothing wrong with asking an gettin informed. That's what this site is for.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It is most likely the exaust which is creating the sound as stated in the previous posts, but to be on the safe side, check that none of the two front brake discs gets extremely hot.

If the brake caliper is not releasing pressure properly after braking, the brake disk may heat up much more than it should.

Take the bike on a few kilometers ride and be gentle with the brakes, especially towards the end. Stop and check that the brake disk temperature is only slightly elevated, and almost the same on both sides. You should be able to keep your fingers on it

If one disc is much warmer than the other, this indicates a 'hanging' caliper, and should be repaired.

:) ... Fred

·
Registered
316 Posts
If u do check for brake hang up, simply lift th front wheel up in th air and check if th wheel spins freely. I doubt th rotors would make th crackling sound when hot.

Do this, turn ur bike on an let it idle for a bit. after its warmed up rev th bike every now an then like ur trying to impress a girl. an as soon as th bike reaches its peak temp (when th fan turns on) turn off th bike an check for th crackling noise. If u hear it even though th bike was stationary, then u can rule out th brakes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts