Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to order some tie downs tomorrow and get some extensions (not sure I can do lower triple on the RC though). I have seen some with a fleece sleeve, is it worth the extra? I would think it would lower the chance of scratching even more. Thanks night owls.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
What Conq said. I've never seen one with fleece. Is that a sheep thing? :huh: :) Get the Ancra soft ties, and get the 18 inch ones, not the 12 inch. I should think you'd be able to tie from the lower triple on the RC51 with those. If my friend with the RC51 is at our track day next Monday, I'll see if he ties down from there.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
The fuzzy ones are junk. Get the plain ones.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HondaGalToo said:
What Conq said. I've never seen one with fleece. Is that a sheep thing? :huh: :) Get the Ancra soft ties, and get the 18 inch ones, not the 12 inch. I should think you'd be able to tie from the lower triple on the RC51 with those. If my friend with the RC51 is at our track day next Monday, I'll see if he ties down from there.
They are in the Parts Unlimited '05 catalog :p There is a brake tee on the lower triple right side, that is why I figure it will be clip on or Canyon Dancer time. Thanks for the input y'all. With travel things are tight so I am going to get the 18" Ancras you suggest HG2 and some regular Ancras (although they showed some with built in soft ties) I figure 8 new ties and I can use what I have for the tool box etc.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
It's hard to beat a canyon dancer. We use them at the shop for transporting our sportbikes. They work pretty slick.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered 2 sets of the new Ancra with built in softtie, 2 red snappers, 2 soft ties and another canyon dancer just in case. I think I have all possibilities covered :) Now back to laying e track...

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ooops and anyone that has used soft ties on the front of a 1000RR or RC closeup pics on them mounted would be sweet ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts