Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I compared the throttle on my CBR today to 2 gsxr600s and a 1000 and mine seems to be very stiff. It takes alot more of a turn to give it gas than on their bikes. Do I need to adjust it to tighten it or what? Does this involve taking off the tank and fairings to get to?

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I compared the throttle on my CBR today to 2 gsxr600s and a 1000 and mine seems to be very stiff. It takes alot more of a turn to give it gas than on their bikes. Do I need to adjust it to tighten it or what? Does this involve taking off the tank and fairings to get to?

Hondas have tighter throttle springs, especially compared to Suzukis. There's no problem with your bike. I actually hate the way too easy throttle pull on GSXRs.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
What year is your bike. I know that if the throttle cable is ran between the tank and the frame, it could be pinched in there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
96. I think it's ran straight through. I think I remember seeing it when I had the tank off, and put the K&N filter in there. Didn't think anything of it until this.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
96. I think it's ran straight through. I think I remember seeing it when I had the tank off, and put the K&N filter in there. Didn't think anything of it until this.
Yeah check that. I did the same with my bike once b4, had the airbox on it and that was my prob. Dangerous too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
when i bought my f2, the throttle actually stuck... LOL-- I good prank, if it wasnt my bike would be to crank it then let my buddy turn it on...heh... Replaced the throttle cables and it rolled like a dream

1 - 7 of 7 Posts