Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my clutch has been getting worse lately, i let the lever out and when it starts to grab its almost like it stalls there, then if i hold it in the same position it will grab and go, im guessing this means my clutch plates are worn out? I really dont want to tear into it right now but if it keeps up im going to have to.

also, anyone know where i can order all the clutch discs as a set? service honda and ron ayers list them individually. Would much rather just buy as a kit. Should i replace the springs too or are they fine unless somethings out of the ordinary?

Thanks in advance for any help :idunno:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Does the clutch slip once it is engaged? Or is it just being grabbing when you are trying to let the clutch out? I just had the same problem if it is just being grabby. I took the clutch apart and the only thing wrong was the springs. The clutch works like new now. I suggest that you take it apart and check the service limit on all the clutch parts before you order parts you dont need.

·
Registered
117 Posts
change your springs out for some ebc or barnett's, they are about 8 bucks for the set and they feel better than stock. that should take care of it. also make sure the lever is adjusted properly, the owners manual has a diagram and instructions on how to do this. if that dosen't work check you oil and look for streaks and give it a sniff to see if it's burnt at all. do all this before you change the whole clutch and don't be affraid of it because it's a really easy job (15 min or less)...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts