Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought this bike with 10k, now it has 15k. i don't know what the condition of the plugs or the air filter. but i decided to replace them.

so what do you guys recomend and where to buy ?

by the way , are K&N will give any better performance ?

thanks Dan

·
Registered
715 Posts
K and N filters cause blades to lose 2-3hp.

I'd like to know recommendations for air filters myself. I know the BMC give an extra 2-3hp but cost about $70-80. I don't know how much the stock one costs though. Anyone else know off the top your head?

The irridium plugs are spec'd for the 929 (kinda expensive at ~$7-8 each). I'm not sure what is best for 900RR.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
If you want to use K&N you might was well as grab two rolls of toilet paper and paint them red and call it a day. A K&N will not gain you a single thing on the bike, but it will cost you power. BMC or DNA are the way to go.

·
Registered
511 Posts
the OEM irridium plugs in the 954 are supposed to be good for 32K per the service manual and i think they cost closer to $25 each..

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Call around. I think I ended up getting mine from an autoparts store. Most places couldn't get them but one had them for around $7 each. They were oe plugs.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Call around. I think I ended up getting mine from an autoparts store. Most places couldn't get them but one had them for around $7 each. They were oe plugs.
please tell me a part # as well as what auto parts store you found OE irridiumms for that price

1 - 10 of 10 Posts