Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so tonight shes been stripped bare , and the next time she leaves the garage she will still be stripped , i love the bare look , so i have purchased a second hand undertray and seat frame to modify for a stubby rear , she`ll be wearing a 350LC pattern headlight too , i`ll be getting a pattern front mudgaurd and will cut to suit , although it may remain long at the rear to protect the rad when off road , for xmas i gonna carry out a bar conversion , and just for giggles , she`ll be fitted with bridgestone ax41s tyres , and after winter , she can be put back as a standard 954 or any config i like cos all the original parts will remain unmodified . lovely jubbly

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
She’s had a proper clean at last , will connect up the electrics later to make sure she ain’t back to misfiring , I so love me stubby blade look

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello there , no doubt after winter the clothes will go back on , in the mean time I got a fun project over winter , it’s also given me a chance to tidy up those behind the scenes parts and to water proof the electrical connections better than ever 👍🏻

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got me clocks in position , will sort out the tilt sensor once the headlight arrives , lots of temp brackets while I wait for me nice Ali to arrive , I’m a fan of mirrors , so modding the brackets to mount the standard ones on version 1 of many ideas

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Captain stubby as it’s now called has received its second hand parts in the post , I’ve cut the frame and undertray . I’ve also received my headlight brackets and it’s plain to see that my clocks brackets etc may have to come off , I wanted to fit an RD350 headlight but it ain’t happening with the current clock bracket , so I think I’ll get a big light and a small led head light and adjust from there . This bike will change many many times , might rig it all up in a week or two n go for a spin to see if I can feel the weight loss

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mark 1 seat version scrapped , got a cafe racer seat coming from ebay , a cheap one just to see if it will work , the top cross brace will be removed , the lower brace of the frame will be modded to form a slightly better triangle shape , light lowered and further back

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seat frame v2 , like this more , have sprayed to loose the red , have ordered a seat , but I’ve found others that look better ? I’ll remove all and wash , clean , sand and spray soon

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hello everyone , i`ll post the shocking turnouts as well as the good , cos thats the way projects go , i found an 19 quid seat on ebay , its turned up and is to narrow , although it was only 19 quid , its actually quite good for the price , yes i could modify the frame , but this version aint for me , next up is my mt09 seat , talking of seats , i`ve been into my local dealer , they allowed me to remove seats and measure from brand spanking new bikes , how awesome is that , i`ve found the xsr900 seat to measure really good in all the right places , its nice and wide , i may now get one to try.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ping went me brain , took the exhaust off and bobs your uncle , it’s works , well-ish , I’ll unstapled the front part of the seat and shaved the plastic , I just gotta run a saw across the hard plastic where the frame bends , will plate the gap with ali to hold the slight bend , and fingers crossed , I’ll be happy , I’ll then have to work out how to cut/ weld the exhaust so she ain’t so long .

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
You should remove some of those keys, they scratch the top yoke.
[/QUOTE]

+1

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lots done , although it looks the same ? Have cut the seat base and fab’d some temp brackets to see how the seat holds and to work on rear light position , keys will sorted before the first ride out after our new lockdown

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Time to start on the wiring I recon. I’ve purchased some led indicators and have located a thread on here about cutting a relay in to slow them down

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its been a tad to cold for me in the garage , but i had stripped the front harness and begun the cutting up of the exhaust , i believe my oval can now looks far to large , so will look around for a smaller 50mm slip on i recon , although gp pipes look smart

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A little bit more done , 3mm Ali plate to hold the back of the seat / frame / rear light etc done . Empty valve put back into exhaust system and cuts made to new position-ish and cheap Chinese knock off can coming to see if it’s the look I want

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello everyone , mk1 exhaust has arrived , been cut and welded , it’s gonna bark so will fit a baffle , lots more welding to do and then clean up followed by a coat of black spray paint between the valve block and can to protect the welds . I’ll be slashing off the mounting bracket too , I’m already looking at a stainless system from black widow , that way I can have different slip on cans to suit the mood

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’ve started tidying the welds / removed the bracket and tonight I’ve fired her up , sounds blooming lovely she does , well chuffed I be , will carry on cleaning and I must do some electrics next

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lots of little tidying jobs done although she looks the same , now gonna work on the other side , i think i`ll be cutting the ignition off and moving the switch , so i can bring the clocks in closer , trying not to have anything sticking out , she looks so much better in the flesh , even some of my die hard mates like it now and they were dead against it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts