Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

well it's time for some brake work. being new to wrenching on a bike, i'm looking for any imput and pointers.

looking to replace rotors, pads and fluid. i'm not expecting anything wild, i have a copy of the service manual, but it's always good to ask those who have already done it.

there won't be any track days in my near future, so i don't need ultra bad hardware.

thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you've done brakes before, like you wrote, nothing wild (it's easier than a cage - shorter lines/less wheels!). Just steady through the manual and you'll do great...

Be sure to keep the brake fluid OFF stuff you'd rather keep painted/not melted looking.

Be sure to keep things clean - a small amount of dirt/debris can seriously degrade your brake performance.

Use proper torque - especially don't over-torque things. It's pretty easy to over-torque and screw up the mount of a rotor..

Make sure to use locking agent where specified. One tip - a bit of white out (or other bright, well adhering adhesive) on a bolt/surface that's not supposed to move will help you see visually something that gets loose. (Look your bike over carefully before disassembly - you'll probably notice white paint spots on certain bolts.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts